Any one what to go lion hunting?

Travis In Austin

Guest Steven1963

I think he got a raw deal. But the way the media latched onto it you'd think they were trying to find anything to keep from reporting on PP.

• Like 1

I agree he got a raw deal. He baited a lion that was on a preserved area with I'm sure more raw meat. He paid a huge amount of $$$ to shoot a lion, had the permit to do so and proceeded to **** it up with probably a gut shot. They took 40 hours to track it and then shot it with a rifle. So the lion suffered for a day and a half so he could skin and mount it.

Now I'm  a hunter, but I only shoot what I can eat. I dont shoot for wall hangers, If I wanted a wall hanger, there are plenty of hunts where the animal is already caged and you can save the effort of baiting and waiting and just shoot it in the cage. And if you **** it up the 1st time, you can shoot it again without having to track it.

But to be the cool kid on the block he traveled there, baited a lion that was on a natural preserve and took it.

VERY ******* SPORTING IF i DO SAY SO MYSELF.

Now go to the store and buy yourself a grease and fat laden goose that is frozen, thats just as sporting. I will go out and decoy, call and actually shoot birds that are healthy to eat and abundant to the point the population needs to be thinned

Mark

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

I agree he got a raw deal. He baited a lion that was on a preserved area with I'm sure more raw meat. He paid a huge amount of $$$ to shoot a lion, had the permit to do so and proceeded to **** it up with probably a gut shot. They took 40 hours to track it and then shot it with a rifle. So the lion suffered for a day and a half so he could skin and mount it.

Now I'm  a hunter, but I only shoot what I can eat. I dont shoot for wall hangers, If I wanted a wall hanger, there are plenty of hunts where the animal is already caged and you can save the effort of baiting and waiting and just shoot it in the cage. And if you **** it up the 1st time, you can shoot it again without having to track it.

But to be the cool kid on the block he traveled there, baited a lion that was on a natural preserve and took it.

VERY ******* SPORTING IF i DO SAY SO MYSELF.

Now go to the store and buy yourself a grease and fat laden goose that is frozen, thats just as sporting. I will go out and decoy, call and actually shoot birds that are healthy to eat and abundant to the point the population needs to be thinned

Mark

Unless I got the details wrong, He didn't know the animal was protected. He just paid some guide to find him a lion and shot the one the guide got for him. Last I heard, they arrested the guide and although they say they are after him, he hasn't been contacted by any authorities. 

This story could be blown out of proportion, like I said, to draw attention away from PP. I mean, the amount of time devoted to this guy v. PP is proposterous, IMO.

The lion had a tracking collar on it. If you know anything about hunting, the collar would be obvious to a guide and hunter who usually glass for the pristine animal. The authorities would have no jurisdiction in this country, and I think the feds would allow the hide to be brought in with proper documentation. I usually keep the jewelry(banding) off the birds I shoot and carry them on my lanyard. The most prized bands are the necklaces that geese wear, more so than the ankle bracelets. 

I'm sure in this case the collar was removed from the lion

Mark

What I find preposterous is some stupid prick wants to kill a critter for fun. That's really some messed up sh@#. I have a feeling he'll get what he deserves.

Yep, he will be Twittered mercilessly, until the next idiot comes along.....

Guest Steven1963

I'm not that upset. A lion 8 thousand miles away has half the country up in arms. I wonder how many innocent children were abused or killed that same day just here in America. No threads for them. We are one F'd up society with how we prioritize shit. 

PP = Planned Parenthood.

• Like 2