Any one what to go lion hunting?

Travis In Austin

Why does accessible health care for women disturb you?

Ah, don't go there, don't go there..... :wacko:

Four out of five dentists recommend Crest.  The fifth was too busy hunting lions to participate in the survey.

Beautiful sand save!!!  :lol:

+++

(I sent you an email, btw)

Edited by wvu80

Guest Steven1963

I don't know. I don't hunt. At all. I don't care for the sport and I don't understand those who do. At all. I own a couple guns for self defense, and I'm prior military so I am comfortable using them. Period. But statement's like this completely make my blood boil:

"Only one good thing comes out of this," she said. "Thousands of people have read the story and have also been shocked. Their eyes opened to the dark side of human nature. Surely they will now be more prepared to fight for the protection of wild animals and the wild places where they live. Therein lies the hope."

That's from Jane Goodall. 

Meanwhile, #blacklivesdon'tmatterifyouliveinChicago.

Seriously, I'd love to have someone challenge me on why this Lion is more important that ANY single human life that was lost during the period this Dentist was hunting this Lion.  Short of that challenge, this meaningless thread is dead to me.

EDIT: And you're right, 'don't go there.' This site is way too sophomoric to entertain such subjects seriously (at least for us less-than-5,000-posters-who-can't-handle-it).

Edited by Steven1963
  • Like 1

• Moderators

It just really amazed me how big a deal this became.

Lions are the only big cat that are not on U.S. Endangered list, so their hides can still be brought in legally with proper permits,etc.

I'm a hunter, mostly duck and some geese these days. I am to old to chase elk,deer and moose and other assorted animals around the mountains.

If I had someone say lets go to South America for a dove hunt, an easy antelope hunt in Wyoming, phesant in Neberska I think I would probably go, but a bow hunt for lion?

I am surprised they allow any of the Big Five to be taken by bow.

Not sure how the facts are going to play out for him, but I think for sure people are going tontake a serious look at when they are hooking up with over there for any type of trip. Assuming he is fault free, I kniw that is a big assumption at this point, but just giving him the benefit of the doubt for a minute, I can't even imagine what it would be like at the center of that storm.

Admittedly, i only read one article about this (USA Today); but, i don’t recall hearing anyone make the claim that the lion mattered more than a person.  Granted, i believe some actually do think animals are more valuable than humans. but, i don’t see this as an either/or argument. i think we’re capable at being outraged at both atrocities.  The topic was about the killing of a lion--so people are naturally going to talk about killing animals for sport. If someone is asking me why i hate liver, i’m not going to talk about yogurt.

• Like 3

Guest Steven1963

Admittedly, i only read one article about this (USA Today); but, i don’t recall hearing anyone make the claim that the lion mattered more than a person.  Granted, i believe some actually do think animals are more valuable than humans. but, i don’t see this as an either/or argument. i think we’re capable at being outraged at both atrocities.  The topic was about the killing of a lion--so people are naturally going to talk about killing animals for sport. If someone is asking me why i hate liver, i’m not going to talk about yogurt.

I'll take that as a challenge. But it'll have to wait until tomorrow as I need to get to bed.

Not sure how the facts are going to play out for him, but I think for sure people are going tontake a serious look at when they are hooking up with over there for any type of trip. Assuming he is fault free, I kniw that is a big assumption at this point, but just giving him the benefit of the doubt for a minute, I can't even imagine what it would be like at the center of that storm.

USA Today said that this isn’t the first time he’s been involved in a hunting controversy.  It was reported that he previously lied to fish & game about the location of where he shot a bear. He was fined $3,000 (i believe that was the amount).  But yeah, this is in the public’s eye now. 

I'll take that as a challenge. But it'll have to wait until tomorrow as I need to get to bed.

wow, you’re sure reading into my words…i wasn’t aware i issued a challenge. 

Edited by BigStewMan

Mom made hot dogs for me when the rest of the family was eating liver. 

​I did see a woman wearing a t-shirt that said “the liver is evil and must be punished.” I guess she was a boozehound.

Edited by BigStewMan