La Scala or Belle Bass?

Wrench722

• 8 years later...
On 7/31/2015 at 2:57 PM, moray james said:

they are not much different but if you want to nit pick the LaScala but a Peavey FH1 is the best of both and better than either. Note that none of these make bass they were not designed to and really ought to be crossed out at about 80 to 90Hz.. For bass you need a longer horn and a larger mouth no way around it you cannot put an elephant into a shoe box. So if you were to build a Belle with an extended nose on the dog house and also extend the cabinet to meet up with the point of the dog house you would have built a Peavey FH1. Hope this helps.

If you want more bass extension and top end extension enough to let you go two way with bass as good or better than a Kgirn (similar size) look at the University Classic there is a corner version of this horn called the dean I also have drawings for that if you are interested.

post-44375-0-17580000-1438369057_thumb.j

post-44375-0-16340000-1438370030_thumb.j

Moray James, I'm joining this conversation a few years late but if you still have those bass bin plans you mentioned in this post, I'd be very interested and appreciative. 

• Like 2