Mini Mites

justinsweber

These are my personal speakers. Currently more speakers then sense and so Im clearing house some.  (Afterwards I usually regret it and built again :-).

2 versions of the Mini Mites. Based on the Yield project by Dave... These are finished in Sapele and walnut depending on the version... the Veneer work is exceptional and includes grills. Outboard crossovers allow for active crossovers too.

The heart of the Mini Might is from the work of David Dicks of Common Sense Audio. The Audio Nirvana Super 8 driver has been lurking in the back of my mind since I tried it in one of my active reference designs 5+ years ago. The Super 8 is literally the only paper cone driver I have heard that has dynamics and soundstage so lively I feel like I am listening to a quality horn system, yet retains the subtleties and nuance of its paper cone heritage. Search Audio Nirvana Super 8 and youll hear many speak volumes as to its warmth and richness.

The bass section of the Mini Might is a highly modified Martin King design utilizing a single Eminence Alpha 15A driver. The Mini Might bass section also incorporates the use of a bandpass bass section, so named the "LBAT" or Loaded Baffle Acoustic Transducer, which reduces distortion, increases spl and power handling.

The Mini Might are 28"tall, 20" wide and 10" deep. The will play from 32z to 20khz with -3db ~94db efficient. 1 15" woofers for bass frequencies and a 8" full range.

Happy to audition and make some friends. 

$1200 per pair. Happy to ship.  Justin 323-868-9722

gallery_36992_217_91580.jpg

gallery_36992_217_32845.jpg

gallery_36992_217_69050.jpg

gallery_36992_217_27108.jpg

gallery_36992_217_6864.jpg

Edited by justinsweber

I've come to know that I love cornscalas. Esp 2way. These need more than 1 watt. ;-). That said the bass is super fast and detailed paired with the full range. I have a pair of the AN 8" in a monitor setup and love the sound. I guess there is not one chosen path.

Edited by justinsweber

So very true. The Full size yields with the 2nd 15" are pretty incredible. The Mini Mites were designed to stand tall just below a window line... attempting to allow them to blend into a room with great WAF. Dave can share, I love the 8" AN... used it a ton. The sounds pretty magical and its pairing with the Eminence 15" is additive... The 8" AN just has no bass bit lots of mid range and HF. The 15" gives it the bass presence its always missed. 

All that said, I still really love a 2way cornscala or la scala for that matter. The ability to drive it with 1watt makes building HQ amps possible... generally gets more expensive and complex with power. Pete's speakers were a set of 2way cornscla's at 1st too :-). (Building is fun... storing is not.)