not loud enough..... for me

Dankimus

Many years ago I did a rig with a pair of KG2 sitting on top of the Klipschorns and a Sumo subwoofer (which had a JBL pro driver). It was biamped with a 400W amp on the KG2 and a 1KW amp on the Sumo. Customers were amazed (so was I), and remarked that they had never heard the Klipschorns sound that good, nor realizing it was the KG2 they were listening to.

It sounded much, much better than the Klipschorns, up until the point where the tweeters in the KG2 burnt up.

The RB75 tweeter is vastly better, and would not burn up in this kind of use.

Another time I used a pair of Heresy on top of the Klipschorns with four JBL pro woofers, that was unreal.

Danley Jerico with Matterhorn at 195' outside, listen with a good set of headphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQPtR6VY0Vc

Pair of LaScala or Cornwall and a nice Bryston or Krell or a good quality amp. Tubes are nice but work. 

Budget does come into play. Just get as much as you can for what you have $.

The KP line of Klipsch are very nice and as stated are the Industrial version. Ive herd the older KP301 (cornwall ish) and the KP201 (heresy). Nice and Loud :)) They did very well for me when I used to DJ back in the 90's

Finish is industrial crackle, with hardened metal or plastic corners. 

Fine speakers but no added benefit over the classic LaScala or Cornwall home version.

They will ALL play very loud.

My final vote is Bryston 4B and LaScala combo. Loud powerful never runs out of power. Clean clear LOUD !!

Hearing aids

so at work this lady tells me that her friend got hearing aids.  I said, “i’m sorry. Do you get hearing aids from oral sex?

She laughed; but, another lady approached me and said that my joke offended her.

I apologized and said, “Maybe i should save that one for a more intellectual crowd."

She said “yes, that would be a good idea."

I felt like telling her, “NOW, i said something offensive to you"; but, didn’t want to risk her reporting me to HR.”  Me & HR aren’t on good terms. 

Been there. 

I have not owned the KLF30 as I personally prefer the sound of a 10 over a 12. I have had three sets of KLF20 (all had baffle adhesive issues), I rebuilt one set for my daughter when she got married I have a set for myself which I modified (heavily) and the third set I sold. If you want to improve the KLF30 I would build a larger and braced cabinet larger by a couple of cubic feet at least and I would find a set of tweeter horns from the CF2 which are the same horn as the mid in the KLF30 but are designed for a one inch tweeter driver. That way your tweeter horn and your mid horn would be physically identical. Place the tweeter horn closest to the woofers and the mid horn over top. This way you will get identical dispersion and sound quality of the two almost identical horns, a much better configuration than using the tiny K79 horn and switch to all titanium diaphragms. The KLF30 can really move some serious air more than a single fifteen inch woofer. I expect you would be very happy and for a very long time. If you buy a pair of KLF30 and want to keep the stock cabinet knock the baffles out remove the problematic melamine install braces and reinstall the baffles and you will be good to go.

Edited by moray james