Denon AVR-X2100W

wstrickland1

Anyone have this receiver? I am in need of something fairly cheap with HDMI for my living room. I also need at least one component input. I shopped hard, mainly at A4L and settled on this one for $329.99 with free shipping and free "New Leaf" 3 year protection plan.

I'm sure it will do the job, just wondering if anyone has used one.

Man I have a onkyo 805 that I use in my living room but it needs to go as do the palladiums. Not sure what they normally sell for. Think the last couple I have seen were for 250$ plus shipping. Long as you wanted to pay shipping I wouldn't have an issue selling it for that. It's close the the 2100 in price probably but a much beefier receiver and it was a flagship so much much more inputs.

I have the AVR-X2100W and I think it is fantastic. The only complaint I have is that I cannot do HDMI source switching with the AVR powered off. It has to be turned on to change sources. That is the only issue.

Why would you need to do this?  Are you talking about like switching the source while only running an extra zone?  If not it seems like that statement is about on the same level as complaining that you can't switch gears in your car unless the key is on.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I have the AVR-X2100W and I think it is fantastic. The only complaint I have is that I cannot do HDMI source switching with the AVR powered off. It has to be turned on to change sources. That is the only issue.

Why would you need to do this? Are you talking about like switching the source while only running an extra zone? If not it seems like that statement is about on the same level as complaining that you can't switch gears in your car unless the key is on.

When you have kids and you don't want them to mess with the speakers or volumes, it is nice. They can switch sources without having the system on. Plus, I don't always want the sound system on when I watch something.

I have this receiver with the setup in my signature. Even for a 5.0 it is able to drive the speakers quite well and the room fills with bass. Just watched Mad Max yesterday and it was amazing. As for switching sources, I don't have that need/issue so it doesn't affect me.