Conspiracy Theroy- Windows 10

derrickdj1

First, Microsoft does not give away free OS which is it's major bread and butter.  I wondered what was going on when it took 15 attempt to install Windows 10.  I did not between those attemps except restart the computer.  What happens on the drak side of the installation?  The need for cyber monitoring is at an all time high for the Department of Defese and the Feds.  The concern over the Wi Fi sharing and other stuff is all smoke and magic in my book.

Microsoft honed in on my computer during the 15 attempt.  ID everything they wanted and needed to know before the Installation.  I will call it the time on the dark side of the moon, copying  files, configuring, and installlation.  What all is exactly going on during this time.  They have access to 100% of you data and a blue print of your web visiting and interaction.  Did they install an anti-spy or terroist tracker framework into the computer system?  Am I delusional, wait, I just seen a flying elephant go across the room.

• Like 2

Free? LOL, i guess they don't charge MONEY for it, but Iam sure it ain't free. well, im pretty sure.

MS is in the business of selling licenses. their stock is in the tank compared to many other tech companies. the PC is dying off. mobile devices are the big growth. MS is a very insignificant player in mobile, and recently had to write off the entire NOKIA cell phone business they just paid about $8B for a couple years ago. they have all the appearance of following IBM down the sink hole of irrelevance. now....how could they recover some relevance? Getting W10 on all the remaining PCs? and then? I dunno. I'm not a conspiracist, but I do watch the money markets.

Edited by jo56steph74

This is free??

paste from MS:

“We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to,” Microsoft wrote in its terms of service.

Microsoft has compiled a huge 45 page document detailing its privacy policy in intense detail.

LOL - -well, maybe priceless is more like it? LOL!!

• Like 1

Actually certification, Xbox and subscriptions are their bread and butter. OS hasn't profited much for them in a very long time.

Yep, true that!

Been playing with Windows 10 for a day now. They finally got some things right with this one. Kinda like how they got Vista right with Windows 7.

Edited by swapface

Cortana functions in the same way as Iris and Siri. If you're providing "her" data that you wouldn't want out there, you kind of deserve whatever comes at you. The wording is rather explicit in the TOS for Cortana, and you even have to enable "her." I am using Cortana right now across two devices plus Sync-Unity. I'm of the variety that believes "just don't be stupid, and stupid things won't happen to you."

• Like 1

• Administrators

Conspiracy theory aside -- Apple's been giving aware their OS for a few years now. Seems to have caught on. Windows upgrades were always too expensive, hence the relatively low adoption rates. Now we see the adoption rate of Win 10 to be pretty large, pretty quick - mostly because it is free.

I finally exscaped from Gitmo.  It was terrible, waterboarded with a squirt gun and force to eat stale Dunkin Donut while question on the Conspiracy Theory.  Pusnishment consisted of bumping my computer back to Windows 3.1. :angry:  I hope this was entertaining and broke some of the apparent bordem on the forum. :P

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1