Atmos Blu-ray List

Nismo

So.... I've never actually seen (Francis Ford Coppola's) Bram Stroker's Dracula. Despite the stellar cast, it never really captured my interest (unless I;m wrong, I thought it was a slow burn love story). With everything in Sony's arsenal, I have to say it seems like a strange catalog choice to kick off Sony's brand new Cinema Series, complete with 4K restoration & Atmos.  Any of you guys recommend (1992) Dracula?

Bram Stroker's Dracula is one of the last movies to not use any kind of CGI in it, and honestly the effects are amazing.  If nothing else it's worth seeing it for the effects and mood alone.  

• Like 2

So.... I've never actually seen (Francis Ford Coppola's) Bram Stroker's Dracula. Despite the stellar cast, it never really captured my interest (unless I;m wrong, I thought it was a slow burn love story). With everything in Sony's arsenal, I have to say it seems like a strange catalog choice to kick off Sony's brand new Cinema Series, complete with 4K restoration & Atmos.  Any of you guys recommend (1992) Dracula?

Bram Stroker's Dracula is one of the last movies to not use any kind of CGI in it, and honestly the effects are amazing.  If nothing else it's worth seeing it for the effects and mood alone.  

Cool, my copies just arrived today. I'll check them out as soon as I can. Really looking forward to the PQ & AQ with the new 4K Atmos remasters. Hopefully Sony did not mess up the transfer & authoring of the new series (I've seen that happen far too many times in the past).

uC2tlI.jpg

lkuoJh.jpg

• Like 2

I've been looking at ATMOS threads for a while.  I've seen many say they won't buy an ATMOS receiver that doesn't include DTS-X.  My question is, will movies on Blu Ray be one or the other or will both audio tracks be included.  I've read that DTS-X may or may not conform to an ATMOS speaker configuration and so it seems those considering adding four more speakers could be in a tough position. 

Cool, my copies just arrived today. I'll check them out as soon as I can. Really looking forward to the PQ & AQ with the new 4K Atmos remasters. Hopefully Sony did not mess up the transfer & authoring of the new series (I've seen that happen far too many times in the past).

uC2tlI.jpg

lkuoJh.jpg

I picked up the 5th Element too... I thought it sounded much better than the older BR version did.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Here is an updated list of announced upcoming Atmos titles:

** Gallows

** Pixels 2D

** Pixels 3D

** Terminator Genisys 2D

** Terminator Genisys 3D

** Minions 2D

** Minions 3D

** Mission Impossible Rouge Nation

EDIT:  Will check out MI tonight now that I got the ATMOS working off the disc (you must select that sound option off menu)

Looks like a few new ones on the Dolby site since I last checked as well: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/experience/dolby-atmos/bluray-and-streaming.html

Edited by 007nco

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the Announced List with 2 new Atmos titles.

Sony is releasing 2 newly re-mastered 4K Blu-ray Atmos titles from their Supreme Cinema Series (both from Luc Besson):

The Fifth Element (October 27) 

LÉON: The Professional (October 27) 

LL6tnY.jpg

=====================================

CULVER CITY, Calif. (Aug. 10, 2015)

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) expands the Supreme Cinema Series line with the addition of two classics from visionary director Luc Besson when THE FIFTH ELEMENT and LÉON: THE PROFESSIONAL debut Oct. 27 on Blu-ray. Each film will feature the first-of-its-kind, limited edition collectors packaging with the acrylic Clear Case. This limited edition sku includes a 24-page booklet of rare photos and behind-the-scenes detail that will only be available while supplies last.

The Supreme Cinema Series and standalone editions of THE FIFTH ELEMENT and LÉON: THE PROFESSIONAL are presented with an all-new 4K restorations and exclusive Dolby Atmos® Audio. The new Dolby Atmos audio, remixed specifically for the home theater environment, delivers captivating sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room, including overhead.

The SPHE Supreme Cinema Series banner launches with the release of Bram Stokers Dracula on Oct. 6. The Supreme Cinema Series is a premium, limited edition collection befitting beloved cinematic favorites and modern classics. Each film is presented with pristine high definition picture, enhanced sound and a collection of new and/or archival special features, creating an ultimate edition for first-time viewers and fans alike. Complete with unique packaging, the Supreme Cinema Series is the optimal way to celebrate these unforgettable cinematic experiences. 

Limited Edition Supreme Cinema Series Skus for Each Film Includes:

** High-end Clear Case package** 24 pages of rare photos and behind-the-scenes info

THE FIFTH ELEMENT Bonus Features Include:** 4K Restoration & Dolby Atmos® Audio (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible)*** Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes Available on Blu-ray for the First Time:  ** The Visual Element  ** The Digital Element  ** The Star Element  ** The Alien Element  ** The Fashion Element  ** The Diva  ** Imagining The Fifth Element  ** The Elements of Style

LÉON: THE PROFESSIONAL Bonus Features Include:** 4K Restoration & Dolby Atmos® Audio (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible)

**  Both the theatrical and extended versions of the film (both remastered in 4K & with Dolby Atmos)

Featurettes:

** Cast and Crew Look Back”** Jean Reno: The Road to Léon** Natalie Portman: Starting Young

** Original Theatrical Trailer

Dude, you need to see the movie.  All joking aside, even Keanu acts well in this.  Yes, it is a love story told from multiple perspectives, but the dialogue and flow of the story and the building of tension from Dracula's manipulation is superb.  I imagine the ATMOS track will add atmosphere (fancy that huh) to the dread the movie's tone sets.  Crap man, I will buy it for you and ship it.  You need to see this.

The Fifth Element & Leon The Professional are day-one purchases. Looking forward to remastered Atmos version of both. I guess I'll make it a Gary Oldman trifecta.... & pick up Dracula with Atmos. I've never seen it (or even part of it) in the theater, DVD, or cable. One could argue I'll be seeing the best version with my 1st viewing. Thanks for the recommendation !

Picked up Fifth Element because it had been totally remastered in Atmos and video. Wow! Kicked *** in both ways. Amazed and pleased. Reference quality for sure. Indulge yourself with this classic.

Gravity and Rogue Nation are both great. You should consider Mad Max too. The Minion's 2 has some pretty nice effects as well if you have children's movies. Will check out the Fifth Element remaster tonight, thanks for the suggestion Ben.

Edited by 007nco

• 3 weeks later...

I grabbed Interstellar tonight and it is labeled as Dolby Atmos. I was surprised because I don't think I saw it listed anywhere.

<apparently this is not an atmos release but an error in packaging. Either way I was going to get it as I think space will be cool on the big screen>

Edited by ryanm84
  • Like 1

I grabbed Interstellar tonight and it is labeled as Dolby Atmos. I was surprised because I don't think I saw it listed anywhere.

<apparently this is not an atmos release but an error in packaging. Either way I was going to get it as I think space will be cool on the big screen>

Good to know.   Will be checking out Everest tonight that's just in.  

https://youtu.be/dOHS-mxn0RQ

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...