Klipschorn info - sell is lacking a bit of info

Dingman

I guess the only thing holding it me back is having to locate the speakers in the far end of the room, instead of flanking my picture window. The image on the current cornscalas is awesome when flanking the picture window. When I rearrange them in a 45 degree angle K-Horn arrangement, they sound horrible and the stereo image is completely lost.

I'll likely buy them. If I don't like the sound, I don't think I'd have trouble selling them for what I'm paying...a

"I'll likely buy them"?

In Calif if you sneeze the guy behind you will snag them.

Iv never went for a speaker(s) that i did NOT come home with.

Fetch first, think later.

I guess the only thing holding it me back is having to locate the speakers in the far end of the room, instead of flanking my picture window. The image on the current cornscalas is awesome when flanking the picture window. When I rearrange them in a 45 degree angle K-Horn arrangement, they sound horrible and the stereo image is completely lost.

I'll likely buy them. If I don't like the sound, I don't think I'd have trouble selling them for what I'm paying...a

"I'll likely buy them"?

In Calif if you sneeze the guy behind you will snag them.

Iv never went for a speaker(s) that i did NOT come home with.

Fetch first, think later.

LOL...I like that..."fetch first, think later"....touche....

If I had a 20 spot for every set of headphones and tube headphone amps, even audio gear that I have bought and not used ....I could buy another set of phones or more gear....

It's like a disease we have...do we need...no...do we want...oh hell yea......

When I was stationed in Germany and bought my Khorns from the American PX in 93 I had no corners for them in the place we lived on base but boy did I WANT those big bad boys!!!  A decision I never regretted. 

• Like 2

Well

I'm not to found of them...they are going to be for sale here fairly quickly.

My room just doesn't work for them. :(

Too narrow, and there is big bass holes in the main listening position. :(

Edited by Gorm

Well

I'm not to found of them...they are going to be for sale here fairly quickly.

My room just doesn't work for them. :(

Too narrow, and there is big bass holes in the main listening position. :(

Bummer - at least you heard them in your room. I imagine you'll have a dozen trouble shooting suggestions by morning. Good luck!

The problem is, that end of the room doesn't do well with bass even with the Cornscalas. The best position for that is along the long wall. If I were to build fake corners for the K-Horns and put them on the long wall, they would stick halfway out into the room.

They do sound very, very good. I just don't have a good place to put them.

I sympathize Gorm ...the guys who built our place did not build it with K Horns in mind. Gonna get Cornscalas one of these days. You mentioned that Cornscalas don't do well with bass in your room Have you figured out why? It seems like they should be ok even if K Horns are not.

The Cornscalas do bass very well....when not placed in the corners. When they flank the large window in the middle of the room on the long way, the bass is wonderful. If I had enough room, I'd consider building fake walls for the K-Horns there and trying them. Problem is, the room is an oddity. Its like 11x30.

So..I pull the speakers back about 2 inches from the wall, and the bass returns.

WTF...am I taking crazy pills here?

That's odd but your ears tell the story. You going to keep them?

I can't.

While I think the bass thing is figured out, the image is just too small. The speakers have barely 10 feet between them. Just not big enough room. I lack the corners to put them along the long wall like I can the Cornscalas.

So..I pull the speakers back about 2 inches from the wall, and the bass returns.

WTF...am I taking crazy pills here?

That's odd but your ears tell the story. You going to keep them?

I can't.

While I think the bass thing is figured out, the image is just too small. The speakers have barely 10 feet between them. Just not big enough room. I lack the corners to put them along the long wall like I can the Cornscalas.

Well that just plain sucks....sorry to hear that Gorm.  My first HT setup I had about 9ft between the Khorns also with TV and audio gear in between them, was pretty tight for sure, but I did have true corners for them.  Somewhere on this site they are posted but that goes way back to 2001 and my setup has changed since. 

I just saw your for sale ad and that is pretty much the exact same setup I originally had, not much room and my tv stand and gear setup was between them, I now fully understand your dilemma. 

Edited by boomer9911