ext.Amplifier for Klipsch RF-82II in Home Cinema system.

MrDiego

Good day!

I got home theatre contains: RF-82 on fronts, RC-64 center, RB-81 as top highs and RS-7(!!) for surrounds.

Last year my Integra 70.2 receiver was died and i swaped it on DENON X4100 - aaaand its awfull in soundind - very harsh on big volumes, and completely lack of details and air in music.

So last week i tried at home Marantz 7009, Pioneer Elite 78 and Onkyo 3000 series. The Marantz is complete winner in sounding. After that i get and DAC - Yulong D200 which is absolutely fenomenal in clarity and details - its like never before my fronts are playing now. And i want even more - i want a good amp for front channel to make things better! 

Can you give me variants for choosing - what to look for?

I need warm and clear amp with very "white" sound - good scene, neutral tone balance, good control of bass, and with good dynamic power to avoid a distortion on twitter on big volumes.

I love to listen natural music as folk, rock, hard rock, blues and such.

I can afford to 2000$ +-

i swaped it on DENON X4100 - aaaand its awfull in soundind - very harsh on big volumes, and completely lack of details and air in music. So last week i tried at home Marantz 7009, Pioneer Elite 78 and Onkyo 3000 series. The Marantz is complete winner in sounding.

Welcome to the forum MrDiego! Honestly, I wouldn't think there would be that much difference in AVRs and wonder what processing you were comparing? In other words, that Denon should have sounded pretty good, if not great after you did Audyssey calibration (correctly) and then played with the various EQ settings.

i want a good amp for front channel to make things better!

Unless you have a really big room I can't imagine adding an amp would make it sound any better. 

Edited by Zen Traveler

I run a full Reference setup: which includes RF-7's with dual 10" drivers (compared to the dual 8" drivers of the smaller RF-82ll's). I also have the (125wpc) Denon X4100W, which has effectively  powered my current HT for almost a year now (which utilizes all 7-channels). I play some demanding media with a full 5.2.4 set up & the Denon 4100W has never fallen short with my RF-7's, RC-7 & RS-7's. Prior to the X4100W, I've had 105 & 115wpc AVR's powering the same set up with no effort, with no lack of power or detail, they are crisp & pack a punch. If you were experiencing harshness & distortion with the Denon, your calibration & set up may have been off.

Since you now have the (125wpc) Marantz 7009 in place, & you're still craving more headroom & are set on an amp change.... grab a 3-channel Emotiva XPA-3 (200wpc) to drive your L /R /C channels & let the Marantz drive the remaining speakers. If your exclusively 2-ch for music... then get the 2-channel Emotiva XPR-2 (600wpc). But if you really want the biggest change with your clarity & detail, you would have money better spent at upgrading your F /L /C speakers.

Best of luck with your search, there are a lot of options to choose from.

• Like 1