For Sale Klipsch LaScala ll, $2900

Mdud

It was a horrible morning... that is for sure. This weekend I cleaned the carpet, repositioned the furniture for better/wider dispersion and couldnt sleep because of anticipation.

I gladly put my wonderful Cornwalls back into service and all is well... for now.

Schu if it turns into an issue, the shipper / seller can agree to allow the receiver / buyer to complete the claim process (The shipper does have to initiate the claim), Also Be careful how you proceed as UPS will want to come and take the speakers  and perform there inspections at there facilities and make a determination as to if they are accepting liability

I have refused to allow them to take products in the past and forced them to perform there inspections at my home I was never willing to have both the product and my money hanging out at others disposal

if all else fails it does appear they are salvageable

Good luck with it 

I felt ill when I saw those pictures.  It looks like they actually tried to damage the speakers, unlike the time someone shipped a turntable via UPS and allowed UPS to pack it.  They just put the turntable in a box, with no concept that the platter should be removed and specially padded.

The platter naturally came loose in the box and banged around, trashing everything including the tonearm.  The story and pictures are somewhere here on the forum.

It looks like your speaker will have to go back to the sender.  I really hope it can all be worked out to your satisfaction and that of the seller.

Edited by Islander

Sorry I am late to this party, or should I call it a wake? I was away for a  professional seminar this weekend and am just now catching up.. .I am just about as sick as Schu and the rest of you :ohmy: . I know I haven't been active on this forum much since joining, but I have been buying and occasionally selling stereo gear online for quite a while.

I am shocked..sent in the original boxes, reinforcement and packing..and still arrive like this. I am so sorry Schu, you and I will have some private messaging to do indeed. 

For the good of the forum, yes absolutely there were many pictures taken while for sale, pictures of the boxes as UPS picked them up..*dateable by my iPhone camera stamp*..and they do include serial #'s for both speakers. 

Yes, they were insured and I will absolutely fight for restitution. They are in essence, ruined. Period. 

Schu, a pm will be waiting soon. Pictures of them as they were, before being assaulted by UPS will be posted here..

I am sad, I was waiting for good news and now this. I shudder to think what the HF's will look like upon arrival. How could they not be delivered together anyway??? They were damn sure picked up together ?

Sorry to have to look at the photos of your speaker. For others out there. Factory cartons are not good shipping cartons. I know they get used as such but you see what can happen. If you want to use factory shipping cartons you should fix the cartons to a skid. This is not to say that lots of owners use the factory cartons to ship and they got lucky because the guys who moved them were careful but stuff happens. Hurts to see these this way in this condition. I know how long Shu has been looking and that he has been very particular and that this is very important to him. Sorry man I feel so bad for you. Damaged goods during shipping is a no win situation for the vendor and for the buyer. I hope that these photos are a visual reminder to others who plan on shipping to go the extra distance and spend the extra cash to make sure things are secure and that they can sustain impacts on the order of three to four foot drops. Pick up is your number one best option for safe arrival of your speakers to your home.

Shu please let us know how this all unfolds. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 2

Factory cartons are not good shipping cartons. I know they get used as such but you see what can happen. If you want to use factory shipping cartons you should fix the cartons to a skid. 

Best regards Moray James.

I can see that for sure... a pallet would have been the best solution. the amazing thing about this is these speakers came from Vegas originally as told by the reseller tag affixed.

So sorry Schu. This seems to happen again and again with UPS. We all should scratch them off our list of shippers permanently. Their performance reflects an 'I don't give a s*** ' attitude that probably starts at the top and permeates the ranks of the company. That's just inexcusable and is even more aggravated by the shipping costs today. Good luck on the claim.

time to start looking for the up side of all of this. I have had similar shipping damage and understand the terrible sick feeling. That said You need to move on to the positive. A lot of guys here on the forum are feeling for you and extending their best wishes toward you and their hopes for a resolution that works. time to start soaking up the community love and move forward in a positive way there is a good life lesson in this and it will work itself out and there will be a kernel of wonder in there somewhere. Time to start smiling or at least thinking about what good thing(s) will happen as a result of all of this. Better days Shu better days.

• Like 3