'The Hateful Eight' Quentin Tarantino's New Movie

minermark

Trailer is out on this, looks to be dam good.

Xmas 2015

Sorry about not posting a link, but never fear my personal internet Troll w/Badge is on my heels to make his snippets well placed, and it only took him 3 Min.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

Sammy-L.jpg

1jackie+brown.jpg

django-jackson.jpg

hateful-jackson-social.jpg

If you really look closely at that trailer, in the initial face shot of SLJ, the music builds to a crescendo  and his face doesn't come into perfect focus until the sound peaks. Pure Tarantino Awesomeness!

All I can say is... Continuous tone film based movie making is F*cking awesome!

Edited by Schu
  • Like 3

Sammy-L.jpg

1jackie+brown.jpg

django-jackson.jpg

hateful-jackson-social.jpg

If you really look closely at that trailer, in the initial face shot of SLJ, the music builds to a crescendo  and his face doesn't come into perfect focus until the sound peaks. Pure Tarantino Awesomeness!

Yeah but it is simply an homage to Sergio Leone.  He does it a lot in his movies.  (Film?  LOL lets try to elevate movies).  What I like about Tarantino is his displays of what others have done before him.  He is a master at recognizing techniques that work.

Leone never used variable focus in this manner... his work, while legendary and a benchmark, is not as developed... not even close. Mainly due to budgetary constraints.

Film is NOT the same as moviemaking in as far as my comment is concerned... read deeper.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

What is Continuous tone film based movie making?

I hope they publish a list of the theaters that will run it in 70 mm -- it's a shame to see a film intended for 70 mm any other way.  I saw about 15 of them that way (ages ago) in San Francisco and LA ... there is nothing like it.  I've always regretted seeing Baraka only in Blu-ray.