Klipsch Model H info needed

Rab53

Hello guys, I'm a newbie to this forum but not to Klipsch Speakers. Presently listening to Belle's , but have had LaScala's, Chorus, Heresy's and resurrecting a of Forte II.

Last night I Picked up a single Model H from a guy who knew nothing about it, and I had never seen one either. He lost power 5 minutes after I arrived, so I could not hear it. When I got it home I opened up the back and there was only a K-22 driver in it and a plate where the horns would be. There was no evidence that it had ever been opened before or that there was ever horns or a crossover installed. So I'm puzzled and looking for help. The Klipsch badge is a clear plastic with Klipsch inscribed. The paper tag says Klipsch Model H, H-WO-12B, Serial 552, Klipsch and Associates. The Driver says K-22  1393, and stamp on cone is 74268.

I tried to upload pic's, but could not as it says file is to big. Each pic is over 3mb, so I'm not sure how to post a pic.

Any info on this speaker would be a help.

Thanks Roger

That is a pre-1962 Model H (Heresy) finished in Walnut Oil (WO) loaded with 12B woofer only, it most likely has a whizzer cone for the high frequencies.  It was a thrifty bargain model.  If you want to make it a three-way speaker it most likely has the cut out for the K-1000 mid horn which might be tough to source, the K-77 alnico tweeter will be easy to find.  Then get an E crossover network.

Edited by Frzninvt
  • Like 1

welcome to the forum Roger

as Mr. Frzninvt said above it came as a single driver only. i have one just like it and turned it into a 3 way ( almost ) to match my other Model H that was a 3 way. found a K-1000 horn and K-55V combo on ebay and i'm still looking for a 4R crossover. mainly bought it because the cabinet was in mint condition. its the one in the middle flanked by a set from 79

post-12513-0-90040000-1439831274_thumb.j

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info. The K22 does have the wizzer cone. I was buying some other gear and the owner pulled this Model H out. I have never seen one and new it was older and bought it on a whim. I will probably pass it on as I have enough projects and ginding another might take awhile .

Thanks again

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...