Does anyone have experience with these high dollar coolers?

Travis In Austin

In my younger days I used a dry ice shipper container which was just really thick stryofoam.  The walls must have been 3 or 4 inches thick but the lid was not quite as thick.   I kept the lid shut with a couple strips of duct tape... one acted as a hinge and the other just had to be replaced once in a while.  Ice lasted for days in the heat of the summer.  

If you use dry ice, be sure your vehicle is well ventilated. The CO2 will displace enough air in a confined space to lower the O2 concentration to dangerous levels.

Edited by sputnik

• Moderators

Update:

Went to check out the HEB brand, they are made in China.

Yeti is based in Austin, and on a fluke we got one for about 80 off. We took it to the lake with wardweb, ice lasted all weekend, brought it home, and just for fun left ice in it to see how long. Still have full of ice afternsix days, I was finally made to wash it out and put it in garage.

• 1 month later...

Funny how being like a Yeti is always the litmus test. Nobody ever just says we have the best cooler. They always have to show how it compares to a Yeti. Something about imitation being the highest form of flattery.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/

• Moderators

Funny how being like a Yeti is always the litmus test. Nobody ever just says we have the best cooler. They always have to show how it compares to a Yeti. Something about imitation being the highest form of flattery.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/

From RTI Coolers FAQ,

"Like other major competitors, the RTIC coolers are made in China in order to provide the best quality at the lowest price to you, the consumer. Just like many of the outdoor products you will buy at your favorite sporting goods store; overseas manufacturing is a cost effective way for retailers to provide an affordable product to its customers."

My YETI was made in the USA, in Austin, Texas. If I wanted one made in China I could have got one at HEB Grocery Store.

Academy just got a major shipment of tumblers in at the old price.

Yeti totebags are made in Germany.