Solid State amps known to sound good with Klipsch

mark1101

On 11/22/2019 at 5:20 PM, jamsquirrel said:

he only step I'm thinking to make is to get me a Klipsch KDA 500 DSP. I reckon that'll be the train pulling into the station at that point. Thoughts?

Thoughts?  Klipsch makes world class speakers.  I own around 20 currently.  I'd never buy any of their electronics.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone heard the new Schiit Aegir solid-state amp? It is marketed as 'class A like'

20w per channel with the first 10w being Class A.

They seem to be made for highly-efficient speakers, but I haven't read too much about them with the Klipsch Heritage line.

I would like to try them out at only $799...

• Like 1

Mark 1101. You're the Man. I am just starting my journey into the rabbit hole of hifi rapture. For the sake of hearing what a Yamaha integrated sounded like, I had the sales person keep it paired with the Klipsch RP8000's, as I didn't have time for him to change stuff around...and what a combo. Made me smile. Jumping ahead: I ended up purchasing a vintage mint condition Mitsubishi DAA15DC dual mono block amp/preamp. Then I got laid off. Just returning to work and ready to finish my purchasing. I always thought the tubes in a preamp would logically last bit longer than those in a main amp. In addition, the preamp is where some good magic happens, so having a nice one can really improve upon the amp.

I like to eventually get there.

All I need are my Klipsch and a source. 

Last time I had a system was over 30 years ago. Wow! Bit, no, a lot confused about the whole saving music on files, streaming etc...I have to decide if I want to stream or go old school via phono, CD/DAC, Tuner etc. How are you running your system???

I like being physical with my gear, you know, touching knobs etc, and if best using a remote control. Any suggestions where/how I should set this up would be appreciated? For hardware (not including speakers) willing to throw down 1000 to 2000, maybe 2500. I hear lot of good stuff from Schiit Audio and Rogue. 

I also would love to have a visual display, in case I stream sample. I see Sony put out a HiRes device: Hap 1Zes. I want also to avoid upsampling at all costs. I'll probably be getting the Oppo BDP105 or UDP203 with loads of connections, but still need a source....

Thanks

Mark 1101. You're the Man. I am just starting my journey into the rabbit hole of hifi rapture. For the sake of hearing what a Yamaha integrated sounded like, I had the sales person keep it paired with the Klipsch RP8000's, as I didn't have time for him to change stuff around...and what a combo. Made me smile. Jumping ahead: I ended up purchasing a vintage mint condition Mitsubishi DAA15DC dual mono block amp/preamp. Then I got laid off. Just returning to work and ready to finish my purchasing. I always thought the tubes in a preamp would logically last bit longer than those in a main amp. In addition, the preamp is where some good magic happens, so having a nice one can really improve upon the amp.

Last time I had a system was over 30 years ago. Wow! Bit, no, a lot confused about the whole saving music on files, streaming etc...I have to decide if I want to stream or go old school via phono, CD/DAC, Tuner etc. How are you running your system???

I like being physical with my gear, you know, touching knobs etc, and if best using a remote control. Any suggestions where/how I should set this up would be appreciated? For hardware (not including speakers) willing to throw down 1000 to 2000, maybe 2500. I hear lot of good stuff from Schiit Audio and Rogue. 

I also would love to have a visual display, in case I stream sample. I see Sony put out a HiRes device: Hap 1Zes. I want also to avoid upsampling at all costs. I'll probably be getting the Oppo BDP105 or UDP203 with loads of connections, but still need a source....

Thanks

Thanks

On 8/19/2015 at 9:49 PM, Guest David H said:

I agree, the MC-250 and MC 2100 are great. In fact most Mcintosh SS amps I have heard are good...

I have never heard a McIntosh amp (tube or SS) that failed to shine driving Klipsch speakers.

Buck

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Roby Italy said:

I want to share my experiences, many amps came to my room and after a while they went ..... only Sansui remained.

My first hi fidelity stereo was Sansui separates back in like 1975. AU-7700 was my integrated amp. My tuner was TU-5500 maybe? The Sansui separates were amazing back then, and still sought out and prized by many even today.

A couple years later I was driving a Peavey CS-800 professional amp off the Sansui AU-7700 pre amp outputs. To Peavey SP-1 loudspeakers in my LR :)  400 watts per channel with these little red clipping indicator lights. The Peavey amp weighed like 75 lbs alone. Fighting acoustic feedback to my Sony turntable was the biggest culprit. Used to close the plastic dust cover and put pillows on and around the turntable, on the floor. We were young and foolish, and smoking reefer madness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Il mio primo stereo ad alta fedeltà fu Sansui che si separa nel 1975. AU-7700 era il mio amplificatore integrato. Il mio sintonizzatore era TU-5500 forse? I separati Sansui erano fantastici allora, e ancora oggi sono stati cercati e apprezzati da molti.

In fact, the best models are those until 1980....also used only as preamplifiers

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roby Italy said:

In fact, the best models are those until 1980....also used only as preamplifiers

Roby, re-read the last paragraph of my post above. I added to it after posting, going back to the old days. Way back.

Like your Ferrari avatar pic too. 

27 minutes ago, Roby Italy said:

Yes, I read. I still drive two Bose 1800s with Sansui now

Serious power there. 1800 bridged mode = 1400 watts into 8 ohm load. Nice.

I was unfamiliar with the Bose 1800 unit until you mentioned it above.

https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/pro/global/discontinued_products/amplifiers/Model_1800-VI_Amplifier/td_model1800.pdf