Receiver Advice Appreciated

Jah-MaN

I would look at a used Pioneer Elite THX certified receiver, the sound is accurate and plenty of power.

These can run between $200-500 for a very good used one, or take a trip to the store and see what they have on the shelf.

100-125 wpc is plenty of power.

• 3 weeks later...

I can only speak of what I own. I do love this Yamaha RX-V2700. I have had this receiver for many years now. Since new. It has been flawless. I only mention this one to you because good used ones are about your price range.

So many good options I know......

And welcome by the way!!

Mike.

Edited by Mikekid

I can only speak of what I own. I do love this Yamaha RX-V2700. I have had this receiver for many years now. Since new. It has been flawless. I only mention this one to you because good used ones are about your price range.

So many good options I know......

And welcome by the way!!

Mike.

I used to have a Yamaha RX-V2700 that I bought new for over a grand. Not a bad receiver, but plenty better out there imho. Yamaha is one of the manufacturers that tempt you with 50 surround modes, but lacks punch. 130 wpc turns out to be about 48 wpc on a test bench with all channels driven.

I agree with teaman. I used to be a Yamaha buff, but anymore all of the Yamaha units I have are eternally damned to straight or pure mode, something that can be had on most decent receivers for a fraction of the cost.

That being said: The 2700 should be readily available for a reasonable sum of money if the op is still in search of.