I'm reaching here...

jimjimbo

There is all ways the optimal setup, however I don't think most can achieve that.  Like Ceptorman said no,  but it may or may not sound great.  The sweet spot would be around 6-7' if I am not mistaking.  I have seen folks with them in a room similar and said to have great results.  For me I just couldn't get the sound I wanted,  reason why I went with something I could turn towards me more.

• Like 1

AS Duder stated, optimal is going to be between 6-7 ft. away with them that close together.

It can and has been done before, they will still sound good, they are K-Horns for Christ's sake, but you will never know what they are capable of until you get them 20 to 24 feet apart. :)

That's been my experience with several Klipschorn setups anyhow. :)

Roger

• Like 1

That's exactly the set up I'm using. My room is 12'x9'. My speakers are Khorn type bass bins that I built with Altec 511 horns with Altec 902 drivers for the mid range and Beyma CP-25 tweeters. The x-overs are ALK universals. The sound in the sweet spot is amazing. The only drawback is that it's pretty much a one man listening room. No room for a crowd!