SOLD: Oak KLF-20's $700 (Kansas City)

CANT

$700 Local Pickup in Kansas City

Front and rear panels have been removed, braced and resecured. I've also installed new feet, replaced the tweeter diaphragms, as well as rebuilt the crossover networks with new caps & coils. 

I've owned them for about 3-5yrs but they've spent a good chunk of that time in storage with much of my other equipment. I would say they are in "Very Good" or better shape overall, having only a hand full of fairly minor cosmetic issues. Overall I think they are great performers, I just don't have the room to hold onto them.

My house is a mess right now (under never ending construction) so they are currently set up in my garage. In my experience room and placement can have a significant affect on their sound, so please keep that in mind if you do come to check them out. I really wish I could display them properly for you but my garage is the best I can do for right now... 

If you have any questions just ask and I will do my best.

post-55655-0-31580000-1443468592_thumb.j

post-55655-0-65860000-1443468641_thumb.j

Edited by CANT
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I assume they are medium oak?

I've actually always wondered what the difference was between the "light" and "medium" oak finishes was?

I don't remember what the tag lists them as off the top of my head... but in person the finish looks just like the oak finish I had on my old KG's? I wouldn't call it a blonde finish so I'm guessing it's a medium?

I was actually planning on taking some better pictures this last weekend but we had family over and I got stuck cleaning... I will see about accomplishing this within the next day or 2 though.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it me or is the midwest market moving really slow right now?!?!

I'm starting to wonder if it's time to start parting these out or not...?

The market is slow I finally sold some stuff last night.  Patience is required, if you want a fair price.

• Like 3

As "opus" stated, patience.  Please don't part out those beauties!!! 

It was just a thought... 

I've also considered throwing them back in storage and relisting in January/February, after the impending holidays?

One way or the other, I know by Nov I won't have time to deal with the whole random prospect buyer thing.

• Like 1

As "opus" stated, patience.  Please don't part out those beauties!!! 

It was just a thought... 

I've also considered throwing them back in storage and relisting in January/February, after the impending holidays?

One way or the other, I know by Nov I won't have time to deal with the whole random prospect buyer thing.

Some people buy them for Christmas.  If you were throwing them back in storage, the tax return season is an uptick in buying and prices.

• 2 weeks later...