Newbie here and first home theater

jloew

New will be considerably more pricey.  A lot of good can be had out of used gear.  The majority of the system I'm using was built by used gear.  In fact, the only two pieces of the audio set that I bought new or refurbed was my UPA-2 and my RF-3 II towers.  My whole living room system is second hand, the whole master bedroom is second hand.  Trust me, search used...you can get even more bang for your buck.

• Like 1

If you're searching CL/eBay/Gon...look for model numbers beginning in RB, RC, RF, RS, KG, WF, WB, YF, YB, XF, XB.

The Reference II series 15 and 25 seem to be going at good prices right now.

What site are you referring to?

Or, CF 3/4 or KLF 20/30 will have you really smiling. Edited by kapsnb01
  • Like 1

jloew... stay tuned. Tuesday (8/25) Klipsch is going to post some new deals on the website. Not sure what's all going to be included... but the tease is it will be worth the wait.

i doubt any big sale Klipsch has on their website will beat everyday prices on other sites. Just saying.

What about Denon or marantz?

I can get the avrx2100 avrx1100 or the avrs900w from Denon for a good price. Also marantz sr5009 and possibly the sr6009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im a denon fan myself but marantz is sister company so there really isn't much difference between the two. You want to go 5.1 or 7.1? You aren't too far from me either. What can you actually spend on speakers right now?

Hey, you have an 805 Onkyo, I loved that little guy. Only reason I sold it was I needed 4k60 pass-through. Venerable beast though.
little guy??? You must be a body builder. 60lbs and 130x7 all channels driven is nothing short of epic even to this day. Lol not much out there still that can touch it power wise. But I hear you on the pass through. Well not 4k but no pass through sucks. That's kind of why I am offering it with the palladiums if someone wants them local or driving distance. Just nothing to ship it. So it would stay for a backup if I end up shipping them. But still haven't had much action on them
  • Like 1

What about Denon or marantz?

I can get the avrx2100 avrx1100 or the avrs900w from Denon for a good price. Also marantz sr5009 and possibly the sr6009.

im a denon fan myself but marantz is sister company so there really isn't much difference between the two. You want to go 5.1 or 7.1? You aren't too far from me either. What can you actually spend on speakers right now?
Hey, you have an 805 Onkyo, I loved that little guy. Only reason I sold it was I needed 4k60 pass-through. Venerable beast though.
little guy??? You must be a body builder. 60lbs and 130x7 all channels driven is nothing short of epic even to this day. Lol not much out there still that can touch it power wise. But I hear you on the pass through. Well not 4k but no pass through sucks. That's kind of why I am offering it with the palladiums if someone wants them local or driving distance. Just nothing to ship it. So it would stay for a backup if I end up shipping them. But still haven't had much action on them

I knew I would ruffle your feathers with the 'little guy' statement.  If I may ask, why would you be getting rid of Palladiums?  Those are epic on all fronts.

If you're going used, my 1st choice for front towers would be RF-7 or RF-7 II. Both of those pop up on CL & the bay from time to time.  Then add a used center RC-7 or RC-64 ll. Lots of options for surrounds to be added later.

I 2nd your post.  If you look for a week or two max on either CL or eBay, you will stumble upon some RF 7's.  RF 7 II's are a bit harder, but again, credit to Nismo, they do show up.  More or less, you would not need another set of fronts for most of your life if you got RF 7II's.  

If I may ask, why would you be getting rid of Palladiums?
well main reason would be that having that much money tied up in a secondary system is not very smart on my part. i live in a small town in MO and do not make very much money. i sank ALL my hobby money into them. So second reason being now i have no money to play with stuff when speakers pop up, and third reason would be that when i had my theater downstairs i was always searching for the perfect setup. well i have it now and got bored quick but see no reason to mess with that downstairs. its the way i want it. so i started playing with upstairs stuff. well went big on the palladiums and now once again i have no where else to go with this one except maybe adding amps and pre pro or something like that. and i got no money for that lol. besides this is a hobby so i need at least one system where i can swap stuff out from time to time. if i had a bigger house where i could have a 2 channel room where i could swap stuff out freely then i would not sell them.  

No I didn't post one as because I'm still figuring that out. I planned on a system less than $1000 which I could do with my discount. I thought that for 1000 it would be a pretty decent first system.