SRV Tribute

tnr

It's hard to believe it's been 25 years since Stevie Ray Vaughan’s very untimely departure.  He was a phenomenal guitarist.  Thank you Stevie Ray Vaughan for sharing your talent and music!  You are missed big time!

Please share your SRV music plays today & throughout the weekend, in the Right This Minute thread (RTM) at the bottom of the main forum page.

Stevie Ray Vaughan  born October 3, 1954, died August 27, 1990

Knight_Robert_007_Stevie_Ray_Vaughan.jpg

• Like 8

SRV is one of my biggest influences.  I had a band in college that played mostly SRV stuff.  I was at Alpine Valley for his second to last show, and I'll never forget that Monday afternoon, hanging by the radio, because they didn't initially announce who was on the helicopter other than Clapton's entourage.  I was preparing myself to hear that it was Clapton and was devastated to find out it was Stevie.  I was listening to SRV on my drive to work this morning and will continue on my way home.

• Like 3

I had the '72 blonde Strat and put in the Birmingham News want ads once. A guy from Gruhn guitar, Nashville called to get the specifics on it and informed me that the '72 blonde one was the least popular USA strat ever made. Said he couldn't sell it. Just my luck.

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 1

I had the '72 blonde Strat and put in the Birmingham News want ads once. A guy from Gruhn guitar, Nashville called to get the specifics on it and informed me that the '72 blonde one was the least popular USA strat ever made. Said he couldn't sell it. Just my luck.

still have it?  i just saw a ’73 Blonde Strat with an asking price of $6700.

I think they’re very nice looking.

SRV is always on my playlist, so nothing special today except i may just crank it up here in the afternoon, instead of tonight.

Day time listening does have its avantages, 90Spl+ for a tune or two  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:

Just got home from work. Neighbors are drunk, I'll be hitting 90spl for awhile. Starting with 'In Step'post-47930-0-96860000-1440732051_thumb.jpost-47930-0-68940000-1440732089_thumb.j

• Like 3