SRV Tribute

tnr

I saw SRV and Double Trouble live three times.  The best was 1985, front row seat at the Will Rogers Auditorium in Fort Worth.  Unbelievable show.  That was a fairly small venue, basically in his home town, and many in the audience were personal friends of Stevie and the Vaughan family.  When brother Jimmie walked onto the stage to join him for a couple of tunes, the place erupted.  They did the bit where Stevie and Jimmie played the same double-neck guitar.

The very first time I saw SRV, he was playing with his band Triple Threat Revue.  This was 1978 in a little dive in Beaumont called the Foxy Lady (before it became a topless bar).  Needless to say, I came back the next night too.  When I heard SRV for the first time on the radio (1983), I knew immediately who it was, and I didn't even know he had released an album.

His untimely death left a huge void in the music world and in the hearts of SRV fans everywhere - and especially here in Texas.

• Like 3

This was 1978 in a little dive in Beaumont called the Foxy Lady

Boy that brings back memories.

you can remember the 70s?  what are you some kind of professor?

I can remember the Foxy lady fo sho.

Before or after it became a noodie bar :D

Before and after.  Better memories of before however.  It's changed hands several times over the years however.

One can only imagine what he,d be like today...Seen him 3 times the last concert was in Hawaii, I was TDY there for 6 months from Yokota AB. This was the lineup...

Run DMC

ZZ Top

and the amazing SRV

Exactly.  Who knows what we may have seen and heard.  Thank you for your service.  That must have been an awesome show.  I wish I saw him even one time.  His last show was only an hour away.  I don't remember why I was not there.  I think work got in the way and it was on a Sunday night, but that's not an acceptable reason.

Before and after.  Better memories of before however.  It's changed hands several times over the years however.

Definitely better before the "format change".

Saw stevie at the student center at Illinois state in 82 or 83. Didn't know who he was. He played about 4 hours, the second 2 hours a non stop hendrix Montage. We were totally speechless. Never finished school, and never forgot srv. Have everything he ever recorded. I was lucky to have seen him in such a small venue. Maybe 100 people. One of the best shows ever. And I've seen a few. ..

• Like 2