MCM 1900 4way (Control&Dialing in)

minermark

Have been thinking/planning on how to attack the MCM Bass units, one at a time mind you.

Having them stored in the wifes garage for the last two months, just sitting there, and now drinking a little, i will be in there w/cordless drill within the hour!

Ya-Know when you are at the Pro Level of speakers, when they can only go through garage doors :o

• Like 4

Pricey!!

What amps were you thinking?

Well that is just the elect crossover i have in mind, Amps ? have not thought too much about them yet, counting what im running currently, i have in stock:

2= QSC 1700

1= 70 wpc KT88 tuber

What are components of the mcm that you have?

Roy,

He has the later 4 ways with the passive cross overs. He has the K-4 manifolds with 4 K-55 drivers. He has the preferred MMTM tweeter arrays. He has Double bins with handles only, and he has four stacks.

Roger

A few beers, screwgun, backache, i managed to stripout a Bass Bin and one MSM, and so far you are still right on correct

post-57941-0-36020000-1440905874_thumb.j

post-57941-0-35300000-1440905898_thumb.j

post-57941-0-27900000-1440905915_thumb.j

post-57941-0-16300000-1440905929_thumb.j

• Like 4

Evening Gang

Taking a break from the refurb project.

Cleaning/preping on the Bass Bin and MSM all day.

Bottoms of both cleaned up and painted.

As iv been reading up on past threads, SoundMaster Colter had a great idea of when using Casters on the Bins, make two of them the Locking type, great idea, and will do this evening.

Earlier today surfin the Bay, this thing poped up, looks pretty cool, kind of exactly what i had in mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151393005673?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2648

• Like 3

Refinishing one side at a time, now this is the Top, why in the hell would anyone slide something this big upside down?  scratchs/gouges are at the most 1/8 deep, nothing a wee bit Bit-0-Bondo cannot handle baby.

P.S. the Handles will stay on these, friggin back breaker even with them.

post-57941-0-47640000-1441322060_thumb.j

post-57941-0-96360000-1441322087_thumb.j

post-57941-0-51200000-1441322106_thumb.j

post-57941-0-15800000-1441322142_thumb.j

• Like 6

"These speakers are for your house?"

The standard 2x 15 models won't fit through most doorways, so they must live in garages and similar.

Image16.jpg

A pair of splits that will go through the door to your house.

They make home house doors in both 32 and 36 inches. I have 36 inch doors in my house and you can get a Double MWM in through the door just fine!

The biggest problem with running MWMs in your house is they are not a 90 degree angle like a Klipschorn, so they don't fit back into corners and they really eat up some space. ;)

Roger

• Like 1

Mine go in the Cave, that has always been the plan, we have a 5 bedroom house here and they will fill through two doors but iv learned if it goes in the house the wife gets them.

She has her Mono Blocked Khorns she is happy with.

As these MCMs get finished, they come into the cave to replace the EAW stacks.

post-57941-0-39200000-1441375143_thumb.j

• Like 2

holy christmas - I'll need a house about 16 times bigger for those babies! Right now, all i'd here is the big speaker cones near the bottom!

These EAWs sound just fine in a standard Garage/Cave according the the neighbors.

Im sure the MCMs will do their job as well.

Room, now there is the Bi otch, the MCMs will add a footprint, a foot and a half more at the base.

• Like 3

holy christmas - I'll need a house about 16 times bigger for those babies! Right now, all i'd here is the big speaker cones near the bottom!

These EAWs sound just fine in a standard Garage/Cave according the the neighbors.

Im sure the MCMs will do their job as well.

Room, now there is the Bi otch, the MCMs will add a footprint, a foot and a half more at the base.

Easy Fix......Just extend your Cave 2 foot....Im sure the neighbors would pitch in and Help :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

I keep mine simple. I use the passive box designed for the MCM1900 4-way in my workshop with a single JBL/Urie 6360 amp. Sounds great, but I'm no hifi nut. 

How loud are you guys listening to your music?? I'm 56 and can still fashion a mean live mix - because I've protected my hearing religiously. Louder is NOT better in nearly every instance. 

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 5

I keep mine simple. I use the passive box designed for the MCM1900 4-way in my workshop with a single JBL/Urie 6360 amp. Sounds great, but I'm no hifi nut. 

How loud are you guys listening to your music?? I'm 56 and can still fashion a mean live mix - because I've protected my hearing religiously. Louder is NOT better in nearly every instance. 

85Spl tops, but that is not often, Meh 50s/60s spl norm.

• Like 1