MCM 1900 4way (Control&Dialing in)

minermark

The Montengator bass bin connection panel.   :)

klipsch-mcm-1900-pa-cinema-theatre-11.jp

A later 'white paper' from Jim Hunter corrected this 5 amp fuse argument stating that 'A K43 will successfully protect a 5 amp fuse'.   A 4 amp is the correct value to use. 

Second time iv seen this input, mine does not look like this.

I'll take a Pic.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you plan on using these inside your house for music, I would suggest storing the three pairs of medium and high frequency boxes and just putting a K-69 / K-402 combo on top of your MWM doubles, it will sound a lot better, better than Jubilees.

The way I word it is, they will crush the Jubilee.

:unsure:

Crush might be a little strong.........unless your talking about what's under them ?

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you plan on using these inside your house for music, I would suggest storing the three pairs of medium and high frequency boxes and just putting a K-69 / K-402 combo on top of your MWM doubles, it will sound a lot better, better than Jubilees.

K-69 / K-402 combo ? got a Pic of these ?

It will give me something to think about.

Think about this baby!  The most effortless bass I've ever heard.

and cleannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Or the red oak version

post-9700-0-74120000-1441470114_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-46600000-1441470325.jpg

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

K-69 / K-402 combo ? got a Pic of these ?

It will give me something to think about.

Think about this baby!  The most effortless bass I've ever heard.

and cleannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Or the red oak version

I am refinishing each and every piece, will then stack as finished and wire up as per Passive and run two way.

I wish to hear these as intended, then i have a reasonable reference to go by when "Improving" with possible K-69 / K-402 combo.

I will, after assembled, hold off on purchasing another electronic crossover, i may not need anymore than i have if i go w/402 setup.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Wow that mwm looks awesome. Is that yours eldon?

Yes Sir, here is the room before the Tv and stand was changed. (and it was cleaned up) :)

Where did you get your 402s ? and what is the market value?

I got them years ago from a forum member JWC, I got them from him with a Ev DX38, so I don't know what the price is for just the 402/K69 is. At one time If I remember correctly from reading here they were 1K each new, but this was in 2009.

The problem is it's really rare to find just the 402 for sale used, I am not sure you can even buy just the horn/driver like that but that could be wrong ? Others would know better, I don't keep up with that stuff since I didn't need them, I just got really lucky thanks to a member selling them, JWC really did me a big favor at a great price, but that's how he is. 

When he first asked me if I wanted to buy them in a PM I said I had to talk with my wife, he came back and said he decided to keep them which was cool, I didn't blame him. Little did I know my wife contacted him and told him we really did want them without me knowing, him keeping them was just made up, and she ended up giving them to me for our anniversary present.  

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

Yes Sir, here is the room before the Tv and stand was changed. (and it was cleaned up) :)
I got them years ago from a forum member JWC, I got them from him with a Ev DX38, so I don't know what the price is for just the 402/K69 is. At one time If I remember correctly from reading here they were 1K each new, but this was in 2009.

The problem is it's really rare to find just the 402 for sale used, I am not sure you can even buy just the horn/driver like that but that could be wrong ? Others would know better, I don't keep up with that stuff since I didn't need them, I just got really lucky thanks to a member selling them, JWC really did me a big favor at a great price, but that's how he is. 

When he first asked me if I wanted to buy them in a PM I said I had to talk with my wife, he came back and said he decided to keep them which was cool, I didn't blame him. Little did I know my wife contacted him and told him we really did want them without me knowing, him keeping them was just made up, and she ended up giving them to me for our anniversary present.

Your wife is awesome Elden, but you already knew that !!

Rog

• Moderators

Your wife is awesome Elden, but you already knew that !!

Rog

Thank you Roger....you are pretty awesome yourself!!!!

• Like 1

Well i'll just leave the word out here in speaker land for a pair of the 402/K69s.

Cannot/willnot commit to a buy untill these critters are in here and pizzing off a neighbor or two.

I look at this project as to getting what iv always wanted, FINELY, and that is an "Upgrade".

Next "Upgrade" will be the 402/K69 combo.  

• Like 3

holy christmas - I'll need a house about 16 times bigger for those babies! Right now, all i'd here is the big speaker cones near the bottom!

These EAWs sound just fine in a standard Garage/Cave according the the neighbors.

Im sure the MCMs will do their job as well.

Room, now there is the Bi otch, the MCMs will add a footprint, a foot and a half more at the base.

Easy Fix......Just extend your Cave 2 foot....Im sure the neighbors would pitch in and Help :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We extended ours 5'.

• Like 1

Well i'll just leave the word out here in speaker land for a pair of the 402/K69s.

Cannot/willnot commit to a buy untill these critters are in here and pizzing off a neighbor or two.

I look at this project as to getting what iv always wanted, FINELY, and that is an "Upgrade".

Next "Upgrade" will be the 402/K69 combo.  

Contact Klipsch, there is a separate part number for the combo you desire. There is no need to buy the complete Jubilee setup all at once. 

• Like 4

As these MCMs get finished, they come into the cave to replace the EAW stacks.

Your next step will be Danley Synergy horns. One step at a time. 

My original intent was to have better sound than Khorns on a budget, which I did in the used Pro Equipment market. I went from a 7 foot stack to a 5 foot stack when I got K-402's on top a a Quarter Pie of my own design, derived from MWM woofers. Then I was spoiled but forced to further reduce size in my recent move without reducing performance, which led me to the present system. I didn't realize it would also be a further improvement in the process of shrinking horns.

Most recent lesson is: Acoustic problems should be fixed acoustically, so the room will be my next improvement in my next domicile.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 2