This will sound a bit !

joessportster

I have been in this hobby awhile to say the least, I have been through hundreds of pieces of gear costing thousands of dollars. Probably putting it lightly

I have always approached the gear as just a piece of the puzzle and never got overly attached to any of it,  After all it is just stuff and we can get stuff again

Tonight I contemplated making some changes that would also put a little $$$ in the pocket for Xmas layaway etc...A strange thing happened as I typed a response to agree to terms I could not hit the send button, I was really agonizing over the decision, I erased everything I had typed, thought about it a bit and retyped  the basically same message and again I found I simply could not bring myself to send it

I typed a third message explaining This to the perspective buyer and told them I simply cannot bring myself to decide tonight and I needed to sleep on this one

I have always had emotional connections to music but never STUFF, Feels a bit weird (think I am turning into a wus)

So have any of you formed an attachment to some part of your audio gear, and simply can not bring your self to let it go ??

We are not in dire straits or anything and I actually think we will get through Xmas OK if I kept the stuff, theres no doubt selling it would help , but Man I got really upset thinking of losing this piece  :blink:

I gotta go listen to some Zeppelin or AC/DC something 

Edited by joessportster

the stuff i have a hard time letting go is the stuff that i know i can never find the same deal again. if i know i can find it again at a good price then i have no problem letting stuff go myself. only thing i have right now that aint going anywhere is the cinema setup and my cornwalls. both were obtained at steals and i not going to wait around for them deals again  :ph34r:

i don’t know what you mean.  I’m not attached to anything that I own…except my Strat, and my Gretsch, and my Brian May Rhapsody, and….every other guitar i own.

Oh yeah, Klipsch speakers that haven’t seen the light of day in years…but, i still have them.

Joe....

I understand what your saying..... I have a good bit of gear.....it has taken me some 25 years to get this "stuff".....and yea it's just stuff.

I have sold some of it over the years, so I could get money to buy other gear I wanted. I have some gear that I like but have been thinking about offing it so I can do some upgrades.

But I also have some gear that I don't think I will ever part with.....it's like it is a part of me I really love this "stuff"....like my LaScala's....they were the 1st Klipsch speaker I got....and I do love em, my wife found them in the Sunday paper some 25 years ago and they are a part of our family. My avatar is my youngest daughter Emma sitting in the bass bin of one of them.

So yea...I understand....if it's that hard to sell something and you really don't have to.....then keep it ...that's my 2 cents at ya...

MKP :-)

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 1

slept on it and still undecided..........................MKP I can see where some stuff can grow on you  when the wee ones are involved, I dont consideer myself an emotional guy in fact just the opposite but geese this one had me by the seat

enough of this 

onward and upward I say   :)

Even though they are no longer my number one speaker I don't think I could ever part with my K-horns. If I did I know I would never own another pair. When I sold my La Scalas I mentioned to my wife that we could sell the K-horns instead. I got a resounding "no" from her as well. Don,t have any other gear I feel that way about except maybe my parents old AR 11s. Those always bring back fond memories when I play them.

• Like 1

I know the feeling Joe. I sold my Belles last Saturday, knowing I will probably never find as nice a pair again. And the music that came out of them was just that; music.

Of course Sunday, Opus went with me to buy a pair of Khorns. I bought a pair of those new in 88 and never thought I would have them again. And I got around to picking up the W/L Belle I had waiting for me. Still I really don't know if I should have sold the Belles again, but it's just stuff. And I replaced it with bigger stuff LOL

And so it goes

Mark

• Like 2