Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Marked Down to...

thebes

"I don't have an inventory list, but trust me, it's worth almost a half-million."  This is proof positive, it's easy to accumulate audio gear, harder to get rid of it.  B)

I did see on his "partial" list he had some Bose 301 speakers, which I like, BTW.  Even on the used market, those are worth at least $150, so if someone can find another $419,000, there's your bargain.

And you're right, Mark, that ad or its variant has been around for at least a year, probably more.  For today August 30, the auction has ended.

Edited by wvu80

I am thinking that if I had a potential buyer for ANYTHING at $419,000.00 I would find the time for pictures.

No, see, you are missing the point.....you have to TRUST HIM that everything is awesome, it is worth his asking price, and that most importantly, he knows more than you, or, for that matter, anyone else....

In my neck of the woods it DID fall into the wrong hands. I live just a few miles from where a couple of the terrorists took their flight training for 9/11.

I am thinking that if I had a potential buyer for ANYTHING at $419,000.00 I would find the time for pictures.

No, see, you are missing the point.....you have to TRUST HIM that everything is awesome, it is worth his asking price, and that most importantly, he knows more than you, or, for that matter, anyone else....

Good one Jim.

In my neck of the woods it DID fall into the wrong hands. I live just a few miles from where a couple of the terrorists took their flight training for 9/11.

Very much tongue in cheek. This has to be a phony auction or we are asking for another 9/11 because commercial greed overwhelms common sense.  Or the guvmnts behind the auction just to see who'd buy one.

This auction seems to come up on the forum about once a year.  Minermark found it last year listed at $499,999.99 in the thread below.  This thread continues to validate my thought on just how much more difficult it is to sell vintage audio items for high dollars than it is buying and/or hoarding the vintage audio items over a period of years.  

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/152417-gentelmen-we-have-a-clear-winner-hereomg/