Ampsandsound Bigger Ben SE amp - SOLD

jmcox00

I currently have multiple Justin Weber crafted Ampsandsound amps and have decided to sell this really sweet SE amp. This was I believe Justin's first production unit of a stepped up version of his Big Ben series - with big transformers and tube rectification. A terrific performer, with enough power to rattle the windows with my Cornscallas, and intimacy and presence that really bring emotion to vocals and strings. Justin mentioned to me that a review on this amp by a publication is forthcoming, and as soon as I can get that I will post.

I had this listed a while back and it didn't sell, so thought I'd put it up again (this time with some added tubes to roll and choose).

It's a nice one. 

At $1275 shipped CONUS I will include the following tubes with the unit -

JAN 6SL7GT - VT229

JAN 6188 - 6SU7WGT

5691 RCA "Red Base" (for GE)

Sovtek 5AR4

Sylvania 5U4GT

Tung Sol 5U4GT

JJ 6550 matched pair

Electro Harmonix 6CA7 matched pair

post-58735-0-54400000-1441159963_thumb.j

post-58735-0-43440000-1441160012_thumb.j

post-58735-0-33560000-1441160025_thumb.j

post-58735-0-84520000-1441160038_thumb.j

post-58735-0-88360000-1441160053_thumb.j

post-58735-0-75800000-1441160073_thumb.j

post-58735-0-88040000-1441160094_thumb.j

Edited by jmcox00

When was this built? Are there any functional deficiencies? It looks really well! How's the availability of original shipping box(es) and manual? How do you send PM's anyway? Thank you!

to send a pm click on the sellers avatar and a list of options will be revealed..................I can tell you at this price you will not find a better amp IMHO

OH Yea WELCOME to the forums  :D

Edited by joessportster

Guest David H

I had the privilege to demo the Bigger Ben prototype. What a great amp!

Bigger Ben definitely goes on my list of amps that sound great on Klipsch Speakers.

I was mortified that I couldn't tell the difference between the Bigger Ben, and an amp I own costing grossly more.   

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave, sure am loving living with your Eliptracs and Contracs by the way. Thanks for the nice comments Joe. 

7heavenly - There were no original boxes. Justin makes these one at a time by hand and was kind enough to demo a couple of different amps for me and I was blown away by this one - bought it on the spot (about a year ago I believe). It's in great shape, no issues at all. Self bias, plug and play.

• Like 1

Oh, and Joe, Justin always talks fondly of the Kenzies. I know they're a favorite of his - I've never heard one heated up.

I have had 3 or 4 of Justins amps here for sessions and they were all superb, If I were rich I would still have all of them....................I would love to hear the ben series