Promedia 2.1 issues

vimike

I recently took my Promedia v.2.1 system out of storage so i could use it on my Lenovo laptop, and hopefully on my TV (old school TV.  It only has a headphone input, and audio/video RCA inputs).

The wiring diagram mentions use of 2 "tinned wire cables".  I cannot find those wire/cables, and I do not remember what they look like.

Are there any pictures available that show these wire/cables?

And....where can i purchase a replacement set of these wire/cables?

ANY help (Replies  here, and my email address: vimike@cox.net) you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome,

The "tinned wire" can be any small gauge 2 conductor stranded wire.  The leads of the wires supplied have the leads "tinned" , i.e., solder applied to hold the strands together,

I believe your TV has headphone and RCA outputs.  Connect one of those to the inputs of the PM 2.1 and you should be good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions first: in the wiring diagram where it says, "2 tinned wire cables", is it talking about the speaker connectors on the amplifier (on the back of the subwoofer)?

If so, then are your satellite speakers the kind that have a jack on the back of the speakers for the speaker wire to plug into instead of a permanently-connected wire? If so, then you will need to either find those speaker wires, or buy new ones. You can find original replacements on eBay, or you can buy these, which are better: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-ProMedia-2-1-Premium-Gold-16ga-Speaker-wires-Cables-Professional-4-1-/262009880338?hash=item3d01017f12

I don't know why the seller is listing these as "4.1". lol Anyway, these are quite superior to the stock wires. The stock wires are made from cheap aluminum and are very thin (22 gauge, I think). These better ones are copper and have MANY more strands in each jacket. The ends of these wires are tinned too which is nice. These wires should enable you to get the absolute best possible performance that the ProMedia 2.1 satellites are capable of (the stock wires are actually a bottleneck, believe it or not).

Aside from that, the only way to connect the ProMedia 2.1 system to any source is with that cable that comes out of the control pod that has a 1/8" stereo connector on the end of it. Of course, you can use an adapter so that the 1/8" stereo connector can plug into the red and white RCA jacks. Any 1/8th stereo (or "mini stereo") to RCA adapter will work of course, just as long as it's not a broken adapter! :)