so this was brought to my attention today....

Scrappydue

So i will admit that i spend an embarrassing amount of time on the computer researching klipsch products and searching around for deals on them. 

I rarely click on the heritage tab and look at that stuff cause you just dont see too many new heritage products for sale as well as not very many on here ever buy them it seems like. 

today i was told the prices had gone way up. so i decided to give it a look 

KHorns went from 9,000 a pair to 12,000 a pair. a whopping 30% increase!

La scala ii's went up from 7,000 a pair to 8,000 a pair. about a 14% increase

Cornwalls went from 4,000 a pair to 4,400 a pair. a 10% increase. 

and heresy 3's went from 1,700 a pair to 2,000 a pair!!! 

I dont get it? why the huge increase in prices all of the sudden? 

i mean what is the customer getting extra to justify the price increases? i only ask this cause a lot of the upcoming companies in the speaker biz release new products that have significant upgrades done to them if the prices go up. 

perhaps i have missed something?

Yea I saw the same thing looking on crutchfield yesterday and told my son he said holy crap!!!!! as I did also .....Then I went to Klipsch website and sure enough they went up. I was wondering why the prices seem to be going up on ebay. I guess I got my answer. Rick

I don't look at that section often. A hughe price increase will not make these products more marketable.  I will say the Heritage line of speaker is leaps above many other products on the market even though they have remained relatively unchanged.  Good engineering design can withstand the test to time! :D

I personally think many of the Klipsch on the used market go well for what their real value which is why so many of us buy used speakers also.

apparently the klipsch view on the economy is it is good, the stock market would dis agree.....................I would love to think this was a move to improve the labor forces pay and benefits..............................I am skeptical to say the least

more than likely a move to improve the bottom line and the shareholders profits

• Like 1

When I see a huge price increase in one step, it suggests to me that a company is looking for an excuse to phase out a product.  I hope I'm wrong in the case of the K-horns.  A person who has been saving for a pair is now likely to decide to forget it and look for a less costly alternative (and there are many high efficiency speakers which fit that category).  Such a move certainly won't lead to increased sales of a product which has a limited market share to begin with.  I'm very disappointed to see this!

Maynard

• Like 4

?? I thought guys were selling all sorts of upgrades to the drivers, crossovers and so on???

Of course they are.  And I am sure some hear a difference and prefer one tweak or the other.  However, my 1972 models are accurate to my ears and need nothing.  The desire to "upgrade" is that of the equipment head...which I am not.  Once happy, I stay that way unless something goes wrong...and that can be fixed.

Dave

• Like 4

I might also add that some of these upgrades are expensive.  PWKs goal wasn't the most accurate speaker possible, but the most accurate speaker covering 98% of the available repertoire at the lowest possible cost.  I added a sub to cover that remaining 2% but if PWK had done that the Klipschorn would be massive, unwieldy, and cost a LOT more. 

I am happy with PWK's sound and all the decisions he made to achieve it. 

Dave

Now I can point to the speakers and say to my friends---this one is 6000, that one is 2200, that one is 1800, that one is 6000, that one is 200, and the electronics and cables are extra.

The 432 records are only 50 cents apiece. Then they will look at me as though I am freaked out.

JJK

• Moderators

A seller can ask whatever they want for there product, it's up to the buyer to decide how bad they want it, new or used. This sometimes backfires. 

Who knows what's the reason behind it and it's not the first time for an increase, the prices when they first came out are pretty shocking compared to today, but so is everything else. Compared to pricing of many speakers of the same quality Klipsch does well as far as sound quality goes, but I think the whole industry has gone crazy, is it because it's a luxury and not a necessity ?

But I am cheap, I hear car commercials stating $12,000 off msrp :blink: and I am thinking I probably wouldn't pay 12K for the car to start with so you don't have a chance selling me one.

• Like 4

MinerMark must be smiling while reading this thread, It should also drive the price of the stock down so jensen/voxx could be a buy

Mark

It would really need to get to where i picked it up at and i dont think it's going that low, if it did id take a second on the house and buy big. im just a little guy with a few Kshares, dont even know if im on their investment list, have not looked in years.

These shares were given to my dad in part payment for his company, iv never done a thing with them except change brokers to Goldman.

So many  large improvements can be made with the upper Heritage line, it almost doesn't make sense to buy new, unless you are made of money.  Even then, K-horns, LaScalas and Belles all need about 3K invested to replace the mid horn. Mid driver, Tweeter and network.   If you score a set of K-horns for around 3K and add the mods which puts you at 6K total, might as well buy a pair of new Jubs and call it a day.

• Like 1

So many  large improvements can be made with the upper Heritage line, it almost doesn't make sense to buy new, unless you are made of money.  Even then, K-horns, LaScalas and Belles all need about 3K invested to replace the mid horn. Mid driver, Tweeter and network.   If you score a set of K-horns for around 3K and add the mods which puts you at 6K total, might as well buy a pair of new Jubs and call it a day.

What? Wait, I can buy a new set of Jubes for 6k? And I can spend 3k on mods for a pair of Ks that probably don't need modding? Where can I get new Jubes for 6k? I suddenly have the upgrade urge again (and it's only been 2 weeks) lol

Mark