Klipschorns Modded and Improved

texas42

Posting last time here before ebay.

Up for sale are my ALK modded Walnut Khorns. These have extensive modifications to perform like no other Klipschorns I have ever owned or listened to. Well over $2k in mods to include: Beyma CP25 tweeters ($300); B&C DE85TN Midrange Drivers ($460); Eliptrac 400 mid horns ($525); 2 part crossovers with the ES5800 tweeter XO ($420) and the AP12-500 woofer XO ($350). This is all connected by pure silver internal wiring. The result is the cleanest, most dynamic and most musical Klipsch speakers I have ever owned or listened to. (I've owned, on multiple occasions at that, almost every Klipsch speaker model out there with the exclusion of the Jubilees. These out-perform them all, to include the Jubilees, in my opinion). Mods raise the efficiency to 107db. The 2" throat on the mid horns eliminate the horn shout that some find displeasing leaving you an extremely open airy speaker that actually images quite well! These have all the qualities I always loved about the Khorns (dynamics, etc), without any of the effects I did not like (horn ringing, limited imaging, etc). These Khorns have a serial number of either 3G039 or 36039 (see pic) which I believe places their vintage around 1969. I would rate them in good condition for their age. Speakers are available for audition and purchase in San Antonio, Texas area. These would probably be cost prohibitive to ship. Considering the cost of the mods, I am asking $3200, which I believe to be a bargain. I might consider a trade plus cash, depending on what you have. Email if interested.

post-10373-0-39720000-1441377041_thumb.j

post-10373-0-48560000-1441377054_thumb.j

post-10373-0-64560000-1441377071_thumb.j

post-10373-0-99280000-1441377088_thumb.j

post-10373-0-52080000-1441377110_thumb.j

post-10373-0-57480000-1441377125_thumb.j

I am asking $3200, which I believe to be a bargain.

We have tracked recent sales of regular un-modified Khorns that have actually sold from $3000-3300.  Your price for the modded Khorns is outstanding, a true bargain.

Do you have them listed on CL?  That will get the attention of people who use those national CL search engines to find bargains.  It would be great if a Klipschite on this forum could get them.

Edited by wvu80

Yes, I have them on the local (San Antonio and Austin) CL boards as well to promote a local sale.  Hopefully, someone who knows what they are will come check them out and I can find a good home for them.  

Also, I keep forgetting to add, the original mid and tweeter horns (as well as the grill covers for them) are included in the deal. 

• Like 2

Hi,

Are there any functional deficiencies that you are aware of? How would you rate the cosmetic quality of each speaker? What cosmetic defects might there be ( if any)? It is kinda hard to ask all the right questions from half a country away. They look well from the pictures! Thank you.

No functional issues at all.  They sound incredible and much better than stock as I explained in my ad.  Cosmetically, I would rate them a 6 or 7 due to age.  I would certainly prefer a local sale due to size/weight plus I would love the person to audition these as I know their sound would quickly sell themselves.