Hose Nozzle Excitement!

Mallette

A toasting device with a browning control which does not rely on burning is described in GB2,367,482B (U.S. Pat. No. 6,543,337). This uses an ionisation source, such as an alpha radiation source, in an ionisation chamber—particulates emanating from toasting products enter the ionisation chamber and cause a drop in current which may be used, for example, to stop the toasting. However the currents are very small and can also be confused by ions generated from the toaster elements themselves.

Accordingly there is a need for improved techniques for detection of the browning of toast and the like, preferably at low cost, preferably without using a radioactive source. In particular there is a need for a technique with better reliability (larger signals), and improved robustness to that of GB'482 (US'337).

• Moderators

I have seen them also in stores, even gas stations while on the road. :o

When the kids got old enough to pay attention we got rid of all that kind of stuff, the kids are all in there mid to upper 30's, all with kids, it's been a while. :mellow:

• Like 1

"We avoided all-brass hose nozzles as brass generally contains lead, which can leach into water and transfer to hands during handling. How much lead actually gets into your water is not known or regulated."

Joe, I am detecting that you don't buy that and posted tongue in cheek, but some will actually take it seriously...my response to anyone who did would be:

Seriously?  I don't know what to say...  Can't even bring up a top quality product, made in the USA by disabled veterans, at an excellent price and excels in all ways without some modern fear of everything getting involved.  Really didn't think this one would generate a discussion.  Certainly won't from me as I consider that absolutely laughable and I suspect those disabled vets dealt with a lot worse threats as well.

But then I drink from springs and creeks without fear. Have a great brass beer mug and a chalice we use for home and camping communion as well. 

Dave

Yea Dave I dont subscribe to the paranoia, It is in my nature to point out the hypocrisy, Only mentioned the dogs as a personally known instance of another metal causing harm which the reviewers dont seem to mind. :D  

• Moderators

Pick up the bong, Keith. 

Dave

Haven't seen one of those in many many years.

Of course not.  No upstanding citizen does. 

Dave

Your right, it's always more comfortable to sit back with music playing, anyway I have never claimed to be upstanding. :huh:

• Moderators
Know how to assemble a power bong with a fish tank air pump Eldon??Rog

Never tried that, but really I do not need to find new ways, the regular ways are working just fine. The older I get the more I like to keep things simple as to not have to excessively pay attention  :blink:

Anyway if I were to try that you may find me just standing around the yard just watering down everything with a fun new hose nozzle for way to long. :unsure:  :P

• Like 1