1986 Klipsch Forte II possible?

warbern

Hi everyone. I have a pair of Klipsch Forte II that date from 1986 according to the copyright date stamped near the speaker terminals. Someone told me that it couldn't be the Forte II -- that they didn't make them back then. The S/Ns are 110393001 and 110393002. When do these date from? Thanks.

• 20 years later...

I have a pair of Klipsch Forte II.

I purchased them from a very reputable shop in Brookfield Wisconsin I believe close to 1985. I'm looking at the back there is no sticker. There is however a little plaque that says Klips h Forte II 1986. 

I'm going to give them to my son for a wedding present but looking at a lot of stuff online makes you quite curious as though why these are dated as such if they were not supposedly made then I'm the original owner

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Scott said:

I purchased them from a very reputable shop in Brookfield Wisconsin I believe close to 1985. I'm looking at the back there is no sticker. There is however a little plaque that says Klips h Forte II 1986. 

I'm going to give them to my son for a wedding present but looking at a lot of stuff online makes you quite curious as though why these are dated as such if they were not supposedly made then I'm the original owner

Pictures of that plaque would be helpful.  Memories can be fickle.  If they are forte ii, they were purchased in 89 or later.  If you remove the passive and look inside the cabinet, you should find an inspection tag with dates on it.

Earlier forte with the round terminal cup had 1985 copyright dates on them.  1986 or so they switched to the tall rectangular cup with 1986 date.  Forte ii rotated this cup 90 degrees to make room for the larger passive.  Retained the 1986 copyright dates.

4 hours ago, Chris Scott said:

if you purchased these speakers in 1985 , they would be Forte ,  , if you  own Forte II speakers ,   they were purchased after 89   , klipsch only  indicate the 2 first digits of the production year  on their tags ,  .....versus the full 1986 .

I attached 3 pictures

no 1  is a klipsch Forte II    

no 2  is a klipsch Forte

no 3 is a picture of the rear of the  Forte 1 (left )  +  the Forte II  ( right )  , the terminal cups also indicate the model .

image.jpeg.a05af80c755ac8b02add28e8fd3131eb.jpegimage.jpeg.5f82d5a53133e89eecc2950388254d14.jpegKlipsch Forte and Forte II History and Modifications

• Like 1