Price Reduced --La Scala II Prototypes - SOLD

rockhound

Reason for selling. My listening room is not big enough for these I knew that when I bought them but really wanted to try a set of La Scala's. The imaging that these things produce is jaw dropping even in my little listening room to date these are my favorite set of Klipsch and I have owned a lot. I'm not doing these justice by cramming them into my room, they need to breath and I just don't have the room for them.  

Sometimes when someone wants to sell speakers that they say they like or the room doesn't do justice to them, they really don't sound as good as they were expected to.  The fact that you are the third owner raises that question in my mind, as does the early production vintage.  Just a thought...

Edited by LarryC

Reason for selling. My listening room is not big enough for these I knew that when I bought them but really wanted to try a set of La Scala's. The imaging that these things produce is jaw dropping even in my little listening room to date these are my favorite set of Klipsch and I have owned a lot. I'm not doing these justice by cramming them into my room, they need to breath and I just don't have the room for them.  

Sometimes when someone wants to sell speakers that they say they like or the room doesn't do justice to them, they really don't sound as good as they were expected to.  The fact that you are the third owner raises that question in my mind, as does the early production vintage.  Just a thought...

Larry re-read my post these are the best sounding speakers I have owned . I suggest you come listen to them and judge for yourself I promise your mind will be clear then.

Nice speakers….

MMMM Marshall amp :D

That is a lead 100 a little jewel these can be had for less than 200 and sound very close to the JCM800

very nice... only one picture?

21230976745_b770d4e1c5_o.jpg

Schu, I will take some more pics tomorrow.

Second owner here. I had them for around five years. They are simply the best speakers I've ever heard. If you listen to acoustic music they are without peer in my experience. If you listen to classic rock and have a big enough sub,or subs, you can recreate a concert level music experience.

I now have a pair of Chorus II's and a pair of RF-83's. Both great speakers. Both have more bass. But, if you want clarity, precision,and dynamics, get a pair of these. Plus, they look awesome. My reason for selling was to try something different. I still miss them.

• Like 2

Larry re-read my post these are the best sounding speakers I have owned. I suggest you come listen to them and judge for yourself I promise your mind will be clear then.

I'm perfectly happy to take your  and kohill's word for it.  Unfortunately, I'm not likely to be in AR any time soon, or I'd take you up on your listening offer.  GLWS.

BTW, I'm the third owner of my speakers, too.  In my case neither I nor the second owner were happy with the sound, and it took well over 10 years and a pair of AK-4 crossovers to straighten things out.  I was just passing along what sometimes is a subconscious warning sign that all may not be well.  

[EDITED] For example, see this thread, including the last post on the first page: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/158588-closed-klipsch-fortes-wupgrades-450-boise-id/

This gentleman and his wife also thought his speakers weren't suitable for his room.  Hence my comment to you.

Edited by LarryC
  • Like 1

I wonder if the scale of these LS's are the same as the current LSii's...

Are the hf section motorboards removable/replaceable? I'd like to see the XO's also.

According to the Klipsch website measurements and my tape measure they are identical in dimensions if that is what you mean by scale?

I took the top hats off but I'm reluctant to remove the backs as I do not want to risk damaging anything, if I have a potential buyer in my listening room and its a deal breaker we can remove the backs and take a peek

I uploaded several pics and have highlighted the 2 dings and one scratch that I could find, I do have the grills I just choose not to run them. Heck even took a video of them (if it will ever upload) but the pics and video are from my iPhone so take them for what they are.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3yub8MsksaQfmMyclNwRkZYNm9waV9xZmM5VkwxZVdkMS1MR1lMZWNnLVVFQ3ZyRXNiTk0

are those tweeters "Riveted"? or are those screws?

what happened to the HF covers and how were they held on?

God I wish you had pulled the rear covers so I could see the XO's since you had the speakers disassembled already

Edited by Schu

Schu the tweeters are screwed in. I do have the HF covers and I believe they screw in from the inside but to be honest I never bothered I like looking at the horns so never bothered with them.

Mung- I didnt even notice that when I auditioned them it wasnt until I was home that I noticed the different collars, I think it just another thing that adds character.

are those tweeters "Riveted"? or are those screws?

what happened to the HF covers and how were they held on?

God I wish you had pulled the rear covers so I could see the XO's since you had the speakers disassembled already

La Scala II HF section backs are screwed on, so not all owners like to remove the back covers to see the crossovers.

If you're curious, they look like this.  The hole on the left is where the wires pass through to reach the bass bin.

post-21606-0-28980000-1442094738_thumb.j

Edited by Islander

I wonder if the scale of these LS's are the same as the current LSii's...

Are the hf section motorboards removable/replaceable? I'd like to see the XO's also.

According to the Klipsch website measurements and my tape measure they are identical in dimensions if that is what you mean by scale?

I took the top hats off but I'm reluctant to remove the backs as I do not want to risk damaging anything, if I have a potential buyer in my listening room and its a deal breaker we can remove the backs and take a peek

If by "scale", you mean size, the La Scala IIs are about an inch more from front to back than early La Scalas, and about four inches taller, at 38-1/2 inches.

• Like 1

Both the second owner and current owner are fellow Arkansans who I've had in my home and done speaker transactions with so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend doing business with both. The seller offers to let you come look and listen before you buy so that kind of takes care of the reason he is selling being an issue. I heard these speakers in the second owner's home. They were impressive.

• Like 1

I' m going to cut to the chase and drop the price to my absolute lowest, did I mention I really want these to go to a forum member! Price reduced to 2250, I will not negotiate any lower than that and when you come and see them\hear them you will understand why. I also do not have to sell them and if the time is not right I will have no issues keeping them for a long time.