Klipsch RB-41 II Reference vs Synergy B-20 for Denon AVR-S900W

rodri2010

Greetings to all.

I have a Denon AVR-S900W, I bought my first pair of bookshelf speakers, I'm from Mexico and here there are many choices of good speakers at a good price. I have three options, Klipsch Synergy B-20 Klipsch Reference RB-41 II and Polk Audio RTI-A3. What do you recommend buying? My room is small, approx 15 m2. For now I want a pair of front speakers, and when I have more money to buy the rest have at least a 2.1 and then 5.1.

I owned a pair of the B-20's and I really like them.. They sounded much bigger than what they are and they can play very loud. I haven't heard the RB-41 ii's but I wouldn't expect much bass from that 4 inch woofer..  and I am not familiar with Polk speakers at all. So I would have to recommend the B-20's. I hope this helps.

B-20's can be had for less than the 41's,and IMO are a better option bass wise,as well as overall.41's have the titanium tweeter, but aluminum isn't bad either. I have the B-20's also, had the 41's and sold them. They are nice for a small room being used with a sub. I had thew B-20's matched up against a set of KEF bookshelf speakers and also preferred them over the KEF. Not familiar with Polk,but from what I've read,people state they are not that great.

I've used the B-20's as L/R mains to see how they would act in my HT and 2 channel, and still use them as front heights in my set up.

The Denon will power them finely, and should have a nice sound. A lot of people who work at Klipsch also recommend the Denon receivers to match up with their speakers.

When I joined the forum, I called Klipsch directly to ask recommendations on AVR 's with their speakers,and also called the AVR companies to see what they recommended.

Welcome to the forum.