RF-7 III coming soon?

Premsaggar

Hi everyone,

I've heard the RF-7 II and I think they are the best speakers currently available. However, it seems from Klipsch's release cycles that a new RF-7 III will be coming soon. Has anyone heard anything about this? I can wait for the new speakers to release.

Thanks,

Prem

Edited by Premsaggar
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

I've heard the RF-7 II and I think they are the best speakers currently available. However, it seems from Klipsch's release cycles that a new RF-7 III will be coming soon. Has anyone heard anything about this? I can wait for the new speakers to release.

Thanks,

Prem

You need to get out and listen to more systems. While the RF-7's are no slouch there are many better offerings made by Klipsch & others as well if you have the money and/or space that is.

One thing about the RF-7ii... everybody's got an opinion about them.  They're bright.  They're dull.  They're awesome.  They suck.  Perfectly smooth mids.  Nonexistent mids.  They're only for rock.  They're only for opera and orchestra.  Mostly music oriented, mostly movie oriented.  Weak bass, bloated bass... seems like I've heard it all.  

• Like 5

One thing about the RF-7ii... everybody's got an opinion about them.  They're bright.  They're dull.  They're awesome.  They suck.  Perfectly smooth mids.  Nonexistent mids.  They're only for rock.  They're only for opera and orchestra.  Mostly music oriented, mostly movie oriented.  Weak bass, bloated bass... seems like I've heard it all.  

Sounds more like room or positioning issues than the speaker itself.

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. I hope Klipsch does release an update. While I like the rf-7 ii I do think the tweeter can use an update. It's a little harsh even for my taste. That being said it's still the best speaker I've heard and I auditioned lots of speakers.

Thanks everyone,

Prem

I do think the tweeter can use an update. It's a little harsh even for my taste.

I forgot about harsh and smooth tweeters. :) Supposedly DeanG can do some magic on them. I haven't felt like this is necessary on movies and low volume music.

The only thing about the tweeter that is both blessing and a curse is when I'm listening to flamenco music. I use Pandora, and Marantz likes to use M-DAX with that, and it brightens things up. So at that point you've got bright music and a bright amp and bright speakers. It sounds really good at first but can get annoying with any volume after awhile, every pluck of the string just gets in your head like Chinese water torture. I suppose disabling M-DAX would fix it though.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• 4 weeks later...

so it's

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Prem

so it's going to be the Reference 7ii but with three woofers?

15811388526_687a99aabd_o.gif

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Prem

You need to get out and listen to more systems. While the RF-7's are no slouch there are many better offerings made by Klipsch & others as well if you have the money and/or space that is.

That would be according to you. Others including the poster would think otherwise. You need to get out more and listen to to the rf7 11 s

Just saying

Sounds more like room or positioning issues than the speaker itself.

Or amplifier choices.

Let me throw this thread way off topic. :o  

I own the RF-63's and musically, they are the smoothest, most dynamic, punchiest, detailed, accurate, and refined speakers I have ever owned.  And that is compared to HI's, HII's, forte's, Quartets, RB-35's, RB-75's.  Not saying the best out there but they best represent all the qualities described above.  Especially for 2-way floorstanders. 

With that said, RF-63v2's are on "my" wishlist. :D

Bill

• Like 1

I own the RF-63's and musically, they are the smoothest, most dynamic, punchiest, detailed, accurate, and refined speakers I have ever owned

I've heard me some 63's and I would say they are all that you have described. However Bill, you should really try getting some La Scalas and do a side by side with the 63's, I think you would find some interesting result  :emotion-21:  

I own the RF-63's and musically, they are the smoothest, most dynamic, punchiest, detailed, accurate, and refined speakers I have ever owned

I've heard me some 63's and I would say they are all that you have described. However Bill, you should really try getting some La Scalas and do a side by side with the 63's, I think you would find some interesting result  :emotion-21:  

No need to convince me of the La Scalas musical prowess.  They are incredible and the best sounding speakers I have ever heard, period.  Of course Belles and Khorns are right with them.  Did I mention Cornscala?

I am just touting the 63's top to bottom performance which is about as 3-way sounding as any 2-way speaker can sound, at least what I have heard.  I may be a bit biased but I think they are that good.  A version 2 of the 63's would be awesome but hard to improve on IMO.

Bill

Edited by willland

They are incredible and the best sounding speakers I have ever heard, period

They are indeed. They have become my favorite speaker I've ever owned. And I do remember you saying in the past that the 63's are the most three way, two way speaker you've ever heard. If the chance presents itself I'd like to get some critical listening in with the 63's, but they don't pop up very often, especially in my neck of the woods. 

And I do remember you saying in the past that the 63's are the most three way, two way speaker you've ever heard.

Yeah, an overused description on my part but one that I truly believe.

If the chance presents itself I'd like to get some critical listening in with the 63's, but they don't pop up very often, especially in my neck of the woods. 

I have seen maybe four pair pop in my area in the last 8 years and one pair I bought. :D

Bill 

Edited by willland