RF-7 III coming soon?

Premsaggar

Let me throw this thread way off topic. :o

I own the RF-63's and musically, they are the smoothest, most dynamic, punchiest, detailed, accurate, and refined speakers I have ever owned. And that is compared to HI's, HII's, forte's, Quartets, RB-35's, RB-75's. Not saying the best out there but they best represent all the qualities described above. Especially for 2-way floorstanders.

With that said, RF-63v2's are on "my" wishlist. :D

Bill

What if the new reference flagships are rp83f and rp63f with a larger compression driver and larger new style hybrid horn? I would like to hear those in 2ch

• 1 year later...

I too, prefer the wood front of the RF-7 II.  I might add that I don't find the Reference II horns to be excessively bright to my 60-yr-old ears, so I don't know that the newer, rubbery horn would be an improvement for me.  My 82's were a screaming great value, but a heavily discounted pair of RF-7 II's could be very tempting indeed!

They're quite handsome! I do wonder how they'll fare as far as two-way vs three-way, especially with the Forte III sitting at exactly the same price. I hear fairly often that two-way designs are superior, especially with the Jube and many professional speakers as examples. To my own ear (and only having RP-280Fs and KP-201s to compare) I think three-way is much better. The RPs seem to have no mids at all by comparison. But I've never heard the RF-7 either!

I would change the horn to something like the RP, or I con W line.  Other than that, I can't think of much to do to make an improvement over the RF 7 II's.  I always wanted the RF 83 or 63 but, ended up with the RF 7's and now the RF 7 II's.  These are great to my ears and I don't even wonder about the rest of Klipsch line-up, Heritage, RP, or Reference.  Yes, I have reached my destination.:D  For those that have not reached their destination, I just heard the all aboard call.:P:)

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2017 at 3:38 PM, Ceptorman said:

The new RF7lll has a slight slant to them, like some or all the RP towers do. Does the RF7ll or RF7 slant also? 

No the original rf7 and rf7ii does not have a slant. I have auditioned the rf7ii and rp280f side by side and I have to say the rp280f has a more neutral sound. The highs are not as peircing.  The RF-7 (ii) highs can somewhat be tamed with a warmer sounding equipment and good room treatment.  However, I assume the new RF-7iii will probably have tamed highs which will be more room friendlier and easier to equipment match. I'm purchasing a used pair of rf7ii for now until the rf7iii are released.  I've heard Klipsch is known for long delays in release of new products. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DON480 said:

Curious how the new Forte iii will compete with the rf7iii?

I don't see them in direct competition since the forte' III will most likely be an "indulgence" purchase for the one's who are fortunate enough to come off the $$$ to get them.  They will fall in line with the limited edition 70th Anniversary stuff that many of us just can't easily afford.  

With all that said, I can't wait to hear/read the opinions/reviews(professional and consumer) of both speakers.

Bill