Klipsch Forte II vs Forte I's

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Did the crossovers,and at 1st they were a bit bright. Adjusted my J-River as it was on EQ and they sound better.

Bill sent me some fabric, and I also purchased some different fabric which I am contemplating using on all my speakers in the family room. My 9.2 set up and the 2 channel. If I do use the new stuff, I can refinish the KG 4.2's with what Bill sent as they also have a big oil stain on the covers.

Next will be redoing the veneer on the top of the speakers,and raised stands.May also add on custom smoked glass for the top just for a little more protection. Not that anything will be on them, but just in case down the line.

I think these will be keepers for awhile.

post-59264-0-91580000-1443497545_thumb.j

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

The more play time you give your new networks the better and the sooner they will settle in. In a months time if you are hearing thing that you don't think sound right to you it is likely that you will need to look upstream of the Forte for the issue. If you like the sound of the ti tweeter diaphragms the ti mid diaphragms bring even more to the quality of sound as the tweeters deal only with harmonics and the mid diaphragms reproduce all the fundamentals. The mid range is where we live, Paul Klipsch said that and he is right. Hope that you enjoy your speakers. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

Congrats! Those should provide many years of enjoyment and upgrades are available if you get the itch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try stock for awhile, then maybe do the tweeters 1st, then the crossovers.

Yeah, I'd be sure to re-engineer them right away. Because all you guys are smarter than Paul W. Klipsch. (sarcasm mode on).  LEAVE THEM ALONE and listen for 30 days, then see if you really need to spend more money on them. Mine are bone stock and are gonna stay that way. 

• Like 4

Congrats! Those should provide many years of enjoyment and upgrades are available if you get the itch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try stock for awhile, then maybe do the tweeters 1st, then the crossovers.

Yeah, I'd be sure to re-engineer them right away. Because all you guys are smarter than Paul W. Klipsch. (sarcasm mode on).  LEAVE THEM ALONE and listen for 30 days, then see if you really need to spend more money on them. Mine are bone stock and are gonna stay that way. 

Agree with colterphoto here. Different parts & changes to your loudspeakers are not always upgrades in sound to everybody's ears.

I definitely agree, PWK was a genius.  However, all speakers are made to a price point and made with the technology of the times.  Maybe he would've used titanium in the tweeters if, at the time, it met the price and availability.  The caps are also just old, because that happens...so replacement of things like caps is not changing Klipsch's original idea.

Well the crossovers were installed and I adjusted the JRiver EQ to flatten out and that has taken away some of the brightness while listening to digital. Analog seems to be fine and the cd player same.

My other option I was thinking of was either sending out the crossovers and having Dean redo them in the upgraded oil caps. Decisions, decisions.