FS Cary CAD 45se SET monoblocks -new price

joshnich

NOW $2,000.00 plus shipping. 

Time to start downsizing starting with this pair of incredible SET monoblocks.

I have owned these for a few years but they haven’t been used all that much. Basically been sitting in a cabinet unused. Will include three pairs of 45 tubes – Super Silvertone 45s, Sophia Electric 45 mesh plates with the white ceramic base (these btw sell for over 300 bucks) and another pair of which I cannot recall the brand – I will add that info when I dig out the tubes. 

This is a remarkable pair of amps. Detailed and liquid smooth demonstrating the best of what SET can offer.  I believe that Dennis Had built only 6 pairs and as such they are extremely rare.

As with all Cary products these are built like tanks.

$2,200.00 plus shipping. These will ship in the original Cary shipping boxes each weighing 34lbs. If you click on the photo there are two additional photos.

photo%201-M.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thesloth

Looks like the 300b has 15 watts per channel power, which will equate to around 6db louder than the 45 amp from 1 meter away.

Looks like same sort of drivers (6SN7).

The 300b amp employs SS rectification where as the 45 amp has a directly heated tube rectifier.

It's tought to get to in depth there isn't a lot of info on the 45 amps. If someone were to open the bottom up and take hi-res pictures a lot could be told.

I believe you are seeing the right price, the last 2 times I saw these sold 2600 was the asking price I believe , without the extra tubes.....................Opinions do vary though  :)

I know Blair the seller linked below I have bought from him a few times before and his pricing is typically pretty fair and firm

http://www.audioasylumtrader.com/ca/listing/Amplifier-Tube/Cary/CAD-45SE/SET-Amps/83320

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/set/messages/4/44729.html

Again Josh GLWS

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 1