Audio Engine A5+ and the Dac D1

jtubbs6117

I am working on an upgrade to the home office. Few things checked off the list, now I can try to have a little fun with the space. I know this are well known and most from what i have read really like the monitors. But i have to ask have any of you guys owned these or have a pair? I am pretty sure I am going to pull the trigger on them  but i wanted to see what the forum thought.They seem be in a niche market a monitor kinda but sorta computer 2 channel system. I have looked for some time and Adam audio and Dynaudio is just too cool and too dang expensive.  I hope this is posted in the right place they are not really pro gear but still consumer product will be connected to a computer.  I will try to do a  first impression or answer any questions someone might have after i get a pair. 

Have exactly that right in front of me.  One of the best, most cost effective near field listening solutions you'll ever find.  Good enough to where I am rarely feeling the urge to jump up and switch to my K'horns. 

Dave

Edited by Mallette

I haven't heard the Dynaudio, but one of my video edit stations at work have Adams.  They are, perhaps, a bit more critical for such work but I certainly wouldn't see the difference as being worth the cost differential for home use unless cost is no object. 

Dave

Have exactly that right in front of me.  One of the best, most cost effective near field listening solutions you'll ever find.  Good enough to where I am rarely feeling the urge to jump up and switch to my K'horns.    Dave

Mallette that was the type of endorsement I was looking for. 

Thanks,

Jeff

• 2 months later...

A5+'s delivered today. They sound great out of the box and should only sound better with time. I have really be impressed with the Dac headphone amp. I am not sure if my headphones are that hard to drive. But with the amp in the Dac they sound awesome plenty of power to move the large drivers with grace. I have so far been very pleased with this purchase both products from AE. My experience thus far seems to echo what others have said about the products. The only thing I would have liked to see would be the led to change color to notify kinda where you are in the volume something like min to 50% green tunr yellow at 75% and red at 90% something like that. Wait i have not listen to them at full volume.I really like the remote option that kinda cool as stated in the above this is home office so phone calls are going to come in from time to time. Mute is great option on remote. Now if you could just set a turn on volume so they would not be scary loud from previous days. But this is my first day with them so far. I kinda like the change as far as the silk dome. It does sound different not saying better but different.

First impression two thumbs up.

As I get more familiar with the products some of these questions or suggestions might be there but this is day or night one. Bass response thus far has been really good even got a wow from my wife.