Sub pops when getting off of the couch.

Mikekid

I have been having this issue for YEARS now. Just been putting up with it. Two subs ran from a single sub out from the receiver using a splitter. One sub is in the front corner (HSU VTF3, the other sub is under the end table at the end of the couch, (Klipsch RSW 10.) The couch is on top of a rug. As soon as anyone gets up off of the couch while the subs are on, I get those same, momentary crackling/popping sounds. I insulated all connections on or near the rug with electrical tape. That did help only a little. I am thinking about taking a piece of wire, running it from one of the grounds (outside metal contact?) off of the sub  rca cable and screwing the other end into a good metal contact on the underside of the couch... This is obviously a static issue and I have run out of ideas. (Except to remove rear sub, which I do not want to do.) Did anything you tried fix this onetechyguy? Or, do any of you think this or any other idea may work??

Thanks much for any responses!

Mike.

Sub pops when getting off of the couch

Ever consider taking it off the couch on putting it on the floor?  :D   Yes, i know...shut up Steve.

I was going to say don't use sub to prop up the couch.

So is wrapping the cable in tin foil the same principle as a tin foil hat to prevent aliens from taking over my mind?

Yea I know.  I'm no help.

Edited by Taz

Well, if anything, I did get a good laugh! Yes...shut up Steve! Ha!

CEC, I will give that a try. I just tried my idea and it didn't work. And yes I do have a ground-loop isolator in use which did stop any humming/buzzing

problems I used to have.

Thanks as always and thanks for the laugh too...needed that!

(and why are there lines across my post???)

Edited by Mikekid

Yes, this is just a single sub cable running along a wall, then behind the couch to the sub. The sub is plugged into an outlet on the wall opposite side of couch. As soon as I get some more foil, I'm trying that! I have been listening to this pop/crackle thing for so long now.... Thanks.

• Like 1