SVS SB2000 / Dual 12"

Nismo

I also have the isolation feet from SVS. Guess what? They are still in the box they came in. I haven't tried them and probably wont for fear of taking some of the tactile going on from being on a suspended floor. I really don't have any rattles going on either. In case your wondering why I don't use them it's because they were given to me from SVS along with a t-shirt at no charge for letting them feature my system in one of their blogs on SVS website. Those are some great photos of the SB2000 and have considered purchasing one for nearfield but decided I would like another SB13 instead hopefully early next year.

Maybe after hearing daves dual 18's you'll be coming to the dark side chad

I really hope I'm impressed but after round one I'm skeptical. Concrete floors are such a bass wrecker. If I ever have to do a room in a basement I will spend the extra money for a sub floor for the tactile vibes.

I really hope I'm impressed but after round one I'm skeptical. Concrete floors are such a bass wrecker. If I ever have to do a room in a basement I will spend the extra money for a sub floor for the tactile vibes.
i dont think a sub floor would ever shake like a suspended floor

I get plenty of tactile action with a concrete floor.  It all depends on the gear.

So, I've had my PSA Dual Driver XS30se 15" for about 2 weeks now

The pic you posted has an 18" woofer.  What was the problem with the PSA 18" sub?

Edit: Nevermind, I read your post #2 which explained "(I couldn't fit 2 massive  XS30se's in my space)."

That takes us back to the dual 15" subs.  You say you can't get them to crank out any meaningful bass?  A pair of 15's ought to rock and roll.

Edited by wvu80

The big guy... is a dual driver 15" XS30se:

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/xs30se

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/159034-psa-things-that-go-thump-in-the-night/

I posted the issues on post #9 & post #16.

This weekend I'll have time to play with it a bit more & attempt troubleshoot some things. It should be rockin my space.

Edited by Nismo

Thanks, Nismo.  I should have read the entire thread to date before posting, I'm just a little behind the curve.  You did discuss in depth the issues later on.

I have a single 15" DIY sealed sub with a 500w Yung plate amp and it shakes the room.  Your dual 15"s ought to be tremendous.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Thanks, Nismo.  I should have read the entire thread to date before posting, I'm just a little behind the curve.  You did discuss in depth the issues later on.

I have a single 15" DIY sealed sub with a 500w Yung plate amp and it shakes the room.  Your dual 15"s ought to be tremendous.

Yeah... kinda of strange. I agree... the PSA should crush it in my space. Somethings not right. Next plan to to return the (large) 15" XS30se & bring home dual 15" S1500's with 725w ICE Amp from PSA

2 of those should definitely have my LFE needs taken care of in my HT . 

I get plenty of tactile action with a concrete floor. It all depends on the gear.

well I'm guessing your definition of tactile maybe different than mine. When you say gear we are talking power in the basement. And I have the power no problem. But you can't shake a concrete floor. I can shake my couch like I have transducers but it's not the same as when I had my Svs ultras upstairs Ina completely suspended floor. It's just not. But I still enjoy the 18's more.

But you can't shake a concrete floor.

That's very true. I still get tons of couch shake and chest thump though. That's tactile to me.

yeah I get that too and that's why I still enjoy the 18's. But what I wouldn't give to try them upstairs. When I had my ultras I has zero desire for more sub. When I moved them downstairs I lost the floor shake and they didn't move the air in the room or shake the couch. That's when the 18's were conceived

Finally had proper time to again place, adjust & calibrate the 15" dual driver XS30se from PSA.

I did single sub placement, 75db with the gain still needing to be @ 1:00 to 1:30 position.

During actual disc playback I could crank the gain to 3:00 or 4:00 position to get any noticeable (audible) bass.

If I set the gain to that same position with any of my previous sub combo... stuff would be falling off the walls (lol).

I also performed dual sub placement (left & right) the 15" PSA along with one of the SVS SB-2000.

Yet, experienced the same issues & calibration results with the PSA, while the smaller 12" SVS would be set around 11:00 to achieve 75db.

I even swapped RCA's with same placements, as well as switching physical Left/Right actual sub placements (in case a L/R preout was having issues).

But the SVS performed as expected (no matter the location etc.), while the PSA continued to experience the same issues.

Clearly something must have been damaged the PSA during shipment. No other explanation for it.

And, I see that the single 15" driver XS15se is returning to stock, I can place 2 of those in my HT (can't do that with the larger XS30se),

so no doubt going to arrange return of the my XS30se & then pick up two of the XS15se.  

I would also give Tom V a call and let him know thw problems that you arre having.  How large is the room?  Vented subs may be better suited for the room.

Not large at all:  1664 cubic feet. I sent an email last week, explaining the issues. Waiting to hear back from him.

• Like 2

Finally had proper time to again place, adjust & calibrate the 15" dual driver XS30se from PSA.

I did single sub placement, 75db with the gain still needing to be @ 1:00 to 1:30 position.

During actual disc playback I could crank the gain to 3:00 or 4:00 position to get any noticeable (audible) bass.

If I set the gain to that same position with any of my previous sub combo... stuff would be falling off the walls (lol).

I also performed dual sub placement (left & right) the 15" PSA along with one of the SVS SB-2000.

Yet, experienced the same issues & calibration results with the PSA, while the smaller 12" SVS would be set around 11:00 to achieve 75db.

I even swapped RCA's with same placements, as well as switching physical Left/Right actual sub placements (in case a L/R preout was having issues).

But the SVS performed as expected (no matter the location etc.), while the PSA continued to experience the same issues.

Clearly something must have been damaged the PSA during shipment. No other explanation for it.

And, I see that the single 15" driver XS15se is returning to stock, I can place 2 of those in my HT (can't do that with the larger XS30se),

so no doubt going to arrange return of the my XS30se & then pick up two of the XS15se.  

keep in mind EVERY amp has a different gain structure! my pair of svs pb-13 ultras had the new sledge amp. i calibrated the with the gain 95% of the way up. i got my buddy an svs pb-13 ultra with the original bash amp. when i set my buddies up and went calibrate with the gain there we about destroyed the woofer. some quick research i found out that amp was the exact opposite. so calibrated it only needed to be about 18% of the way up.