Tiny House HT Build

K5SS

I am with you Scrappy. I could have done a little more research but I ordered all brand new RP speakers within 2 weeks of each order, I just assumed that they would all match.

The "metal" looking material is on the front of both speakers, just figured they would have made the sides match..

Congrats on the RP-140SA's they should sound great in your space (way better than Pioneer at BB). My HT is generally so dark, the differences in finish with the 140's is never apparent & all you see it the "fronts" with the grill (I'm never in a position to even see the sides) when sitting on my RF-7's).  

In your bright, compact space, I can see where the differences in finish would be more noticeable. But really looking to how they sound in your space. Cool.

Are you creative? If so.... here's a quick & easy fix: (Charlie does a great job with option 2 around 2:30 of the first video)

• Like 1

man i dont wanna rub it in but i have ocd as well so just gonna say it. that is HORRIBLE looking. and would drive me insane  :blink:

I won't say horrible but this is exactly why I was so excited about the RP-280FA's.  Wish the modules blended in a little better, they don't really match any tower or bookshelf.  

Small room folks might find this tip handy.

One of the best kept secrets of cinema setup is that the surround channels aren't necessarily restricted to being located to the rear of the listening position in order to be maximally effective, due to the way the human ear processes spatial information.

That doesn't imply condoning other popular, albeit heavily compromised placement options like overhead or directly off to the sides.

No, if the room prevents completing an ideal X.1 arc behind the flanks of the listening position, then the 2nd best option is to place the L & R surrounds forward and above the listening position, as in a mirror image of just how they would be placed behind the listener.

Acoustic technicalities aside, the results are as convincing as the ideal placement. Much more so than any other arrangement. :emotion-55:

Edited by Quiet_Hollow
  • Like 1

^^ I did that with towers before, it was really cool because panning was much more seamless.  Once you get the speakers a little behind you it lost the effect but putting them forward a little blended with the mains enough that panning around the room had sounds seemingly coming out of the wall from 45 degrees to each side, in between the towers and surrounds.  I have not been able to reproduce this with a typical setup even with towers like I was using before.