Lill help Klipsch

Cal Blacksmith

• 4 weeks later...

Please give us a call. Most importantly, cycle through the inputs on the KG-300 base station. When you flip through the various LEDs it reroutes different streams through different inputs. I usually use USB but with a Mac it's a pretty simple process. Windows on the other hand is aligned with Neptune's orbit and there's no telling whether it auto-configures correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, no phone call. In the past, I have seen many issues addressed in the forums. I have Khorns and tube amps on my game system so it was not a huge priority but not a reply at all seemed odd.

I have cycled through all the modes on the base station.

When the USB is plugged in I get an error that an unknown thing was plugged in and no drivers were found.

I have used Tosslink and USB. I can hear side tone in the headphones but no audio from the computer. I have cycled through all the audio outputs on the computer (win 10) and no joy.

I am guessing that the key may be drivers for the USB connection.

No and I don't know how you took that meaning from what I posted. Often things like this are easily and quickly fixed and if it is an issue for one person, likely there are more out there and to have a simple repair if that is what it is, easily searchable, that will help more people than just the person with a problem. 

"No and I don't know how you took that meaning from what I posted"

Cal Blacksmith, I think it is from what you posted in post #2. It is  somewhat ambiguous and more than just me didn't understand if you were expecting help from us here on the forum or if you had called Tech Support at Klipsch.

No, no phone call. In the past, I have seen many issues addressed in the forums.

The forums are extremely helpful to many people Cal, but not all of us have experience or knowledge with the headphones you bought. 

If you originally posted on a busy day for the forums and nobody responded right away, your post loses the "front page" and it's easy for people not to notice your post in a sub-forum that not all of us frequent every day.

I saw where Vlad responded to you above, he is a Klipsch guy and I have always seen him be proactive in helping customers.  You might also want to give tech support a phone call, as others have suggested.

I am out of my knowledge range on headphones, so I will bow out here and let others advise.  Good luck.  :)

Edited by wvu80

I don't think he actually called CS. Any past issues were handled on the forum, and he was hoping this issue would be handled here also. 

Yes, thank you.

Your post seemed easy to understand to me.

This is a great place to talk Klipsch speakers and questions about anything gear related. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here. Maybe the  Klipsch employees prefer a call is made about asking for service, instead of asking here. The month between your question and their response was a long time, maybe they just missed your question.

It would be extremely helpful if warranty and service questions could be answered via this forum, that would certainly show a high level of CS. Good luck.

Yeah--CS is first rate--I put in a call and was going to buy 3 items after the CS Rep answered my question.

No Return call.

That's been two months ago so I guess my question was too hard and Klipsch must not need the sale.

So I did what Cal did--came here for answers---It's better than Customer Service--CS they put the Cuss in Customer.

Edited by rebuy

It would be extremely helpful if warranty and service questions could be answered via this forum

I think that would be a really bad idea.  As Al Klappenberger has so eloquently stated in another thread (I'm paraphrasing here....), those of us who frequent this and other audio forums are just a bunch of nincompoop morons who know nothing about these products, and offer advice and suggestions that have no value whatsoever. (Sarcasm...)

Klipsch and other companies have customer service numbers for a reason, and they don't answer service or warranty questions on these forums for that or other reasons as well.  I'm not making a judgement about Klipsch CS, I'm just saying that I think it wouldn't be an efficient or practical use of those persons that are employed by CS.

Edited by jimjimbo