WTB RF-62 or RF-82

bmarcelles

New to Klipsch and home theater in general. I was advised to post a WTB here :)

Want to buy RF-62 or RF-82 5.0 home theater setup for around $700. Would like 62s or 82s tower with matching center and surrounds.

For those scouring craigslist, I'm in Kansas City but am willing to drive ~5 hours (which includes Oklahoma City, St. Louis, Omaha, Des Moines)

EDIT: I picked up the RS-42 II's from Ibiza, so am now looking for the fronts and center only and am hoping to land all three speakers for around $500 or so.

EDIT2: I'm all set!! Thanks to IbizaFlame for the RF-52s. Thanks to Scrappydue for the RF-83s and RC-62. Gonna have a killer setup for my first home theater (though if Scrappydue is any kind of foreshadowing of my future, I may just be getting started...)

Edited by bmarcelles

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/159260-pair-of-heresey-klipsch-speakers/

$300...you can probably find an RC-62 for about $200...I have a pair of RS-42 II's for $200 shipped...would bring you in around $700. Little bit more might get you RS-52's.

• Moderators
Want to buy RF-62 or RF-82 5.0 home theater setup

How did we go from RF-82 to Heresy's?  :unsure:

bmarcelles, take a look at www.searchtempest.com.  It will allow you to search within a certain distance from your zip code.  I just searched for Klipsch and found these.

RF-62 - $425 OBO - Link

That was the only RF-62 / RF-82 I found near you.

Here are some RF-3 that would fit your budget.

RF-3 - $350 - Link

RC-3 - $75 - Link

RS-42ii - $225 OBO - Link

Here is another RF-3 system that includes a subwoofer for $1000.  Might be able to get it within your budget with the sub, or by removing it - Link

7.1 RF-35 system with SVS Sub - Link

• Like 1

Bmarcelles,

Welcome to the forum.

What you are seeking does not seem to be too tall of an order for your budget.  Scope your local c-list and surrounding cities and look on A/V websites for refurbs or demo models.  Don't be surprised if you find the current model Reference RF-82II's or RF-62II's on closeout on some sites.

Good luck in your quest and joining the "Klipsch Klub".

Bill

• Moderators
Easy...the Heresys would work in a situation if space allowed. They certain don't have an issue with the rest of my RF II gear.

I just assumed since the OP specifically asked for help with two models, he had already narrowed his search down to those for a reason.  ;)

Yeah thanks for all the feedback. My wife has given me the "freedom" to get a set that match, are black, and have standard towers for fronts. So no Heresys for me, unfortunately :/

I've updated the original post to indicate that I am now only needing the fronts and center, and am hoping to nab those for ~$500. Still open for either the 62s or 82s.

The 3s are the great grandpappy of the 82s. Like I said, the 42s you're getting have been in a configuration with RF-3s since they were brought home and kept up just fine. I prefer the 3s over newer models, but I think most have varying opinions.

• Moderators

I've heard the RF-82's and I've owned RF-3's.  I enjoyed hearing both sets...I've never done a side by side comparison so I can't say whether I prefer one over the other.

Wakejunkie had the RF-3's in his setup and I was VERY surprised at how well they sounded in his HUGE basement HT.  I was not however impressed with the RC-3.  It's a weak link in my opinion.  The RC-62 is a MUCH better speaker.  The RF-82 / RC-62 will make a fantastic HT setup.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the additional info and helping this newbie figure things out!

I still have a month or so before I'm going to pull the trigger on a tv, so I'm in no real rush. I'll hang tight and see if the 62/82s go on sale somewhere, or if someone on the forum here want to part ways with some.

Oh hey I'm in Kansas City and have some stuff for sale. Rf-83's rc-62 and some bookshelves for rears. Pm me for a phone number. More than welcome to take a short drive and check out what I have.

I was just thinking the same thing.  You beat me with the plug.

Bmarcelles,

Do whatever it takes to make this happen, you will thank us all later.  Or curse us for spending your hard earned $$$. ;)

Bill