Where's My Freaking Bluebell Ice Cream

Gilbert

I bought some Bluebell chocolate at my local Walmart the other day.  It was OK but our local Kroger brand choc ice cream is the best.

Edit:  Rats, now I'm not sure.  Upon further reflection, it might have been Blue Bunny I picked up at Wally World.  It was Blue Somethin'.  :unsure:

Edited by wvu80

The other half works in retail, and last she reported, Blue Bell issued a product recall at the top of the 2nd quarter of this year. If they are shipping again, that would be nice.

Blue Bell was/is well received here on the hot days as it's more on the "icey" side of the texture curve than the "ultra-creamy" types. We certainly miss it and hope they are able to solve the issue.

If i had some HaggenDaz id be in it right now.

Over the years we have sampled everything on the market, when it comes down to consistant quality and not having a recall for any reasons, the Daz is the only thing in this house.

Besides, you can easily prononce the ingerediants, like made with "Real" stuff.

post-57941-0-45040000-1442743976_thumb.j

Time for you to man up...and spend the $120 (give or take) to have a box delivered to your door.  You could of course, order the smaller box but once you bite into a chip flavor and realize the chocolate chips can take 2-3 bites to eat a SINGLE one, you'll get some of the differences!!

http://www.graeters.com/our-handcrafted-ice-cream-flavors

They've been around for 145 years.

Blue Bell has been around for over 100 yrs, and the recall they had earlier in the year was their first ever. Over the course of 1 year, 5 people contracted Listeria while at the same Kansas City hospital, 3 of them died, and all of them contracted the infection during their stay at the hospital. Sounds suspect I know, but Blue Bell did the right thing. They purchased back all their stock from every retailer throughout the entire United States. Then they shut down every factory. The Alabama factory was the first to resume production, followed by the Tulsa/Broken Arrow, OK factory. The larger factories, including the original pant in Brennan ,TX are still being updated, or at least that's what a friend of mine at College Sta. told me.  

They've hired some brainiac mad-scientists, installed new equipment fitted with the latest and greatest cleaning hardware, and implemented some serious procedural changes to the way they clean their equipment and handle their QC. I believe they did find one facility with the listeria bug, but not sure if that factory sold to the hospital in Kansas City.

Time for you to man up...and spend the $120 (give or take) to have a box delivered to your door.  You could of course, order the smaller box but once you bite into a chip flavor and realize the chocolate chips can take 2-3 bites to eat a SINGLE one, you'll get some of the differences!!

http://www.graeters.com/our-handcrafted-ice-cream-flavors

They've been around for 145 years.

Hmmmmm, this could be interesting..... their website certainly offers some nice flavors.  Think I going for it, worth a try, thanks

If i had some HaggenDaz id be in it right now.

Over the years we have sampled everything on the market, when it comes down to consistant quality and not having a recall for any reasons, the Daz is the only thing in this house.

Besides, you can easily prononce the ingerediants, like made with "Real" stuff.

HaggenDaz is good stuff, really good. As good as Blue Bell, but IMHO some Blue Bell flavors are just down right better than the Daz, Vanilla being one of them (Blue Bell offers 3 types), and their Butter Pecan is the catz azzz. My only problem with the Daz (for me anyway) is their price, it's good, but not that good. And now I'll go spend $120 on Coytee's recommendation.... Ironic huh!

It's in my freezer.  Come get it...bring a gun.

Dave

Taking my cooler (my EZ pass, and my fuzz buster) with me on my next trip to the Houston area.

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

Swensens     -   ice cream shops is a quality above -   http://www.swensens.com/storelocator/index.html

Say that in Texas and the next thing you will hear is "Get a rope..."  :P

Dave

Swensens is in Texas - -

Midland Saddle Club Plaza 900 W. Loop 250 North C

Midland, TX 79705

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Swensen%27s+Ice+Cream,+900+Loop+250+Frontage+Rd,+Midland,+TX+79705/@32.041795,-102.097673,3a,75y,343.02h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sh0TSMyhB-Swva5ufnSed_A!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x86fbd8cbb5997da1:0x877a90d9df8b9bcc

Edited by Randyh