Where's My Freaking Bluebell Ice Cream

Gilbert

• Moderators

Swensens - ice cream shops is a quality above - http://www.swensens.com/storelocator/index.html

I used to love going to Swensens in San Francisco on Hyde, but I always thought Bud's was a little bit better.

But I think Swensens really changed after Mr. Swensen died. It just isn't the same somehow.

'Daz is tasty no doubt but not as much better as their upscale price commands. Genius marketing though - Hagen Daz - sounds and implies very Scandinavian. Nope, Brooklyn NY

and the dairy  farms in NY have a hard time making a living or staying afloat -

Swensens - ice cream shops is a quality above - http://www.swensens.com/storelocator/index.html

I used to love going to Swensens in San Francisco on Hyde, but I always thought Bud's was a little bit better.

But I think Swensens really changed after Mr. Swensen died. It just isn't the same somehow.

they closed a lot of stores when Mr Swensen died - there is one thing I must say - is that his prices were very reasonable given the quality ice cream -   by today's standards -

Swensen8228.jpg

Edited by Randyh

You all are giving me a hankering for some ice cream :D

I'm supposed to stay away from ice cream because it's fattening, I haven't had it in months.  So my wife calls from the grocery store and asks if I need anything.  Without even so much as a thought I answered "Chocolate Paradise."

So yeah, thanks guys.  :angry:

KrogerChocoParadiseBox.jpg

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

You all are giving me a hankering for some ice cream :D

Yeah, thanks guys.  :angry:

I'm supposed to stay away from ice cream because it's fattening, I haven't had it in months.  So my wife calls from the grocery store and asks if I need anything.  Without even so much as a thought I answered "Chocolate Paradise."

KrogerChocoParadiseBox.jpg

That pic didn't help :D

• Like 1

Swensens     -   ice cream shops is a quality above -   http://www.swensens.com/storelocator/index.html

Say that in Texas and the next thing you will hear is "Get a rope..."  :P

Dave

Swensens is in Texas - -

Midland Saddle Club Plaza 900 W. Loop 250 North C

Midland, TX 79705

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Swensen%27s+Ice+Cream,+900+Loop+250+Frontage+Rd,+Midland,+TX+79705/@32.041795,-102.097673,3a,75y,343.02h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sh0TSMyhB-Swva5ufnSed_A!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x86fbd8cbb5997da1:0x877a90d9df8b9bcc

Have you been to Midland?  Real dairy country, that.

Dave

post-7390-0-33080000-1442789359_thumb.jp

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

Our grocery store carries Stroh's (yes, the beer people). I've never tried it as I'm not allowed (diabetic).

So am I, but "lucky."  Type 1...just dump a bunch of insulin on board and I am medically FORCED to grab the bucket and chow down!  Diabetes sucks...but since I didn't have a choice I guess I am happy enough with Type 1.  Very scary in the first years learning how to handle it, but with a continuous glucose monitor and a pump I've gotten very good at eating whatever I want and maintaining a good ag1c.  Almost like a computer game...

Looking forward to the release of the "nextgen" pump next year.  Not only alerts on low blood sugar but actually dumps glucogon into your system...almost as good as a cure.

Dave

Sales figures and loyalty are all one needs to know about Bluebell.  Hasn't been overhyped or used huge campaigns like Ronald McDonald.  Just incredible quality at a bargain price from a family held company.  Well, Mr. Bass has a chunk now...but it's because he loves the ice cream and they really needed a bit of help. 

Dave