Newbie Here

AliRashdan

Hahahahhahahha you guys crack me up. I wouldn't mind spending it on Klipsch though

I have the RP-280 system and then some more.  I chose the Bookshelves for my surround instead of the bi-polar.  Let me tell you, I LOVE this system.  If you want direct feedback, please contact me.  I also have a couple of feedback listings in both 'Home Theater' section and 2-channel section.  PM anytime if you want some help

• Like 3

AliRashdan has PM'ed me about a range of advice.  I think the community will join me in support of his coming system!  He will be set on cables and setup.  Since we have roughly the same system in terms of speakers, I provided feedback and minor guidance for his new setup.  

I welcomed AliRashdan to the community and offered all of our continued support.  Even though I am newer myself, I told him of the welcoming group you all are.  

Welcome to the best sound and community in the world AliRashdan.  See you in the forums.  

***Remember AliRashdan.....pictures dude  B)     No pics mean it didn't happen***

• Like 1

TWO MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I had my forte's shipped to forum member Sergai in the Ukraine and it took longer.  Packing, shipping to freight forwarder in NJ, forms for customs.  Sitting on docks in US, traveling by boat to Europe, sitting in docks in Europe, examining contents, matching forms with contents, shipping by truck to Ukraine and I am sure stopping several times along the way, eventually arriving in Ukraine and then picked up by Sergai.  Yeah, about 2.5 months.

Bill

TWO MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I had my forte's shipped to forum member Sergai in the Ukraine and it took longer.  Packing, shipping to freight forwarder in NJ, forms for customs.  Sitting on docks in US, traveling by boat to Europe, sitting in docks in Europe, examining contents, matching forms with contents, shipping by truck to Ukraine and I am sure stopping several times along the way, eventually arriving in Ukraine and then picked up by Sergai.  Yeah, about 2.5 months.

Bill

Yikes.  In this 21st century day in age, you couldn't have just used a drone?  Cheap skate!   :P

Ali, it's been great to have you on here.  Your English is perfect and you seem to have a good understanding of our cultural differences.  It looks like you know know more about the United States than we know about Egypt.

One thing we do here in the US is speak our minds, which is usually good, but sometimes doesn't come across on the internet like we hope it would.  I want you to know that we take people for who they are on this board, what they say means more than where they come from.  I want you to feel free to speak your mind too, as you see fit.

You come from Cairo which is 80% Suni Muslim.  I don't think anybody here is worried about your religion, but I worry that our lack of understanding of your culture may be uncomfortable at times, because if I understand correctly, Muslims are forbidden by their religion to drink alcohol.

Several here have jokingly said "you buy the beer" and I am very sure they are trying to include you in our culture's way of accepting people.  You have been great by taking things in a very friendly and accepting way.  I just want you to know that not all of us drink alcohol (I don't) and the invitation for you to "buy a beer" or our offer to "buy you a beer" is the same as somebody offering to buy you a Coca-Cola or a Pepsi.

You do not have to tell anybody what your religion is, and in fact the rules of this discussion board is that we NOT discuss religion.  But if you ever feel uncomfortable, feel free to send me a Personal Message (PM) and I'm sure we can communicate in a way to deal with our ignorance of your cultural values.  

I just want you to know how important is is to us as a community that we do not do accidentally say anything that would be contrary to your religious beliefs, or in any way make you feel uncomfortable. 

All that means is if we should ever meet, I'd be happy to buy you a Coke.  B)

-Dave

cocacola-names.jpg

http://amwalalghad.com/en/leisure/entertainment/28171-coca-cola-replaces-its-famous-logo-with-the-most-common-names-in-egypt-.html

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 6