Shinall KKS-1

klip32

Shinall KKS-1 Corner horn speakers.

Perfect in every way. One of the best looking and sounding speakers you will ever see or hear.

The final result is an  absolutely, outstanding, extremely rare, set of high end speakers.

I have personally  listened to a wide variety, of high end speakers, and this pair, ranks and goes beyond most.  They are''Without a doubt, the best, I have ever owned." I have had several people tell me, they wished their khorns sounded this good. very clean and work fine. I will be asking $4500 for it thank

post-61762-0-33360000-1442807931_thumb.j

post-61762-0-22400000-1442807941_thumb.j

Edited by klip32

Ok here is the deal, I have owned these speakers for 3 years now. I am the second owner. There were 12 pair made, that was it. ( ultra rare ) (mint condition ). A new pair of khorns is $12000.  Im sure there will be no one who  agrees with the next statement, however they will hold their own with a new set of khorns all day long. Anyone who disagrees is welcome to come in take a listen. Unless you have heard a pair you simply dont know. Keep going back and forth about selling them. So I priced them at my cant turn down price.  $ 7500.00.  Really love the neg comments, Thanks to all.  

I dont see the negative comments. I think most folks are unclear and curious regarding how the original post morphed into this. You have to admit that seeing a for sale ad for a pair of speakers from one person and then another person saying that he is the owner of the speakers...it's kind of strange. No doubt they sound awesome...they should...I have heard nothing but good things about Shinall speakers. Like I said this is just strange.

• Like 1

So I priced them at my cant turn down price. $ 7500.00. Really love the neg comments, Thanks to all.

I'm a little lost, but that's OK, most here will attest I usually am.  :smile:  I followed this thread from the start, but I didn't see any negative comments.  Did the mods delete something I didn't see?  :huh:

+++

Regarding your posted price:  You might want to edit your first post to reflect your current asking price.  It may help to avoid confusion.

I've seen articles on the Shinall speakers, they have a very interesting back story, and as far as I know they are very well regarded.  I've never heard any.

This is America, you may ask for your speakers whatever you wish, they are your speakers.  They are worth whatever a willing seller and a willing buyer agree on.    B)

Edit:  OK, I just followed what Joshnich was saying.  The OP is Klip32, but the comments indicating ownership of the speakers are coming from staygroovybaby

I don't know who owns what thread, what speakers and what usernames, but I would be careful because using two user names is strictly against forum rules.  That kind of thing can get the user banned and your thread locked or deleted.  You better hope nobody flags your post.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

So I priced them at my cant turn down price. $ 7500.00. Really love the neg comments, Thanks to all.

I'm a little lost, but that's OK, most here will attest I usually am.  :smile:  I followed this thread from the start, but I didn't see any negative comments.  Did the mods delete something I didn't see?  :huh:

+++

Regarding your posted price:  You might want to edit your first post to reflect your current asking price.  It may help to avoid confusion.

I've seen articles on the Shinall speakers, they have a very interesting back story, and as far as I know they are very well regarded.  I've never heard any.

This is America, you may ask for your speakers whatever you wish, they are your speakers.  They are worth whatever a willing seller and a willing buyer agree on.    B)

Edit:  OK, I just followed what Joshnich was saying.  The OP is Klip32, but the comments indicating ownership of the speakers are coming from staygroovybaby

I don't know who owns what thread, what speakers and what usernames, but I would be careful because using two user names is strictly against forum rules.  That kind of thing can get the user banned and your thread locked or deleted.  You better hope nobody flags your post.

Stargroovebaby is the owner. I live within driving distance of him. 

• Like 1

I talked Gary Shinall a couple of times and he told me his bass bin is exactly a Klipsch Khorn bass bin.  Exactly was the word he used.

So any differences are on the upper horns/drivers, crossovers, and of course the workmanship.

He was a very nice guy and took his time with me.  sent me a ton of pics and a few detailed emails.

Sorry he is no longer around.

From what it appeared, PWK didn't mind him doing his speaker business, seemed as long as he kept the operation as a family thing.  The bass horn was a copy of PWK's  I looked into these and his others about 10/15 years back after moving to TX.  Interesting designs though many deviated from Klipsch as they used sealed enclosures on the larger speakers, vs. bass reflex.  Even had a very nice Belle copy.  Very well made, can't remember the prices though.  Believe Selenium drivers and such around the time frame that Klipsch k-horns were 6-7K.

Good luck on your sale to whoever owns them since there appears to be about 3 folks twisting in this thread.  I'm not sure which person would be the one to get the PM.