SW-110 Hum

KlipschLuvr

Hello all - I have this sub connected to a Sony STR-DN1050 via an RCA cable. Recently, it has started to hum a little when I turn it on. It is plugged in on the wall opposite to where the Receiver is plugged in. After browsing through some posts regarding similar issues from other owners, my initial thought was I need a Ground Loop Isolator. I would like your opinions on this please. Unplugging the RCA cable when it's humming does eliminate the hum. Secondly, I was hoping the experienced professionals here could give me any advice on getting the receiver and sub set up so I'm getting the best performance out of both pieces. I would be most grateful for any advice on both topics.

Many thanks!

Although it seems that it starts from your AV sub output, you can try out other AC Power wall outlet in room. Also, I would suggest to use high quality shielded RCA cable. If you have good Component Cable you can use just any one/two out of three and rule out cable issue.

Good luck solving the puzzle.

Yup! First thing would be to change the RCA cable with the best you can get as hum goes away when RCA cable input is disconnected. 

I repurposed one monster component cable and made three single coaxial cables out of it. Used two for subs and one for analog input  B)