Klipsch Epic Owners Group

kapsnb01

On 9/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, rbtwsp said:

Hi,

Anyone tried or have experience with Prima Luna integrated amps?

Bob

you will probably get better replies to this question posted in the general or 2ch section.  this isnt really epic owners related. 

no prob, just saying you will get a lot more views & replies on the other sections.

ive never heard of the amp you're asking about & everyone has their own subjective opinions about amps/pres/speakers etc. so what one guy likes another guy may not.

i have used adcom gfa 555ii amps for a long time on many different speakers & while they aren't high end uber expensive amps, for the money they are excellent sounding amps IMO.  they have 200wpc & will drive your epics to ear shattering levels, but due to the speakers high efficiency, so will just about any amp over 100 watts per ch.  i also own & use rotel & onkyo integra m504 amps, all very good sound for middle of the road budgets.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, mimalmo said:

I also have 3 pairs of CF3 v1

Now I am very interested in your opinion about the 2’s compared to the 3’s.  I’ve had my 3’s now for a while, and thinking about  some 2’s for a surround setup...

8 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

Now I am very interested in your opinion about the 2’s compared to the 3’s.  I’ve had my 3’s now for a while, and thinking about  some 2’s for a surround setup...

Obviously, if you have the space a pair of CF3 will be your best match. The CF2 doesn't hit the deep bass as well as the CF3 and it can't play as loud.

That said, if you're using a subwoofer for the bottom octave, CF2 would make an excellent surround option. 

• 1 month later...

I thought I would add a little bit to the Epic thread.  Here is a short youtube vid of my CF3's in action.  Julie London singing off of Pandora, recorded with an iPhone 6s.  Headphones if you got them,  Apologies for the wavering in the vid.

Just to address headphones a bit and also nothing new.   I use a pair of Sennheiser HD580 phones. They have a claimed frequency response of 10hz to 30kh, a challenge for most speakers and are fairly revealing as a decent pair of phones are.    Even listening to the limitations of the audio on youtube vids and the like, they are a nice tool for extracting what is on an audio track presented and get the flavor of what has been recorded.    Imo, of course. 😀

22 hours ago, Shiva said:

Lol, You have to bypass your computer speakers with a decent pair of over the ear headphones for the full Epic effect.

just a little sarcasm... regardless of what you use, a youtube video will never represent what real speakers sound like, limited to the mic on the camera used to record it & the speakers used on the other end to listen.  but they do look like nice speakers! 

• 1 month later...

Interesting thread. Thanks to all :D 

Found a set of CF3's locally (jeez ... 2 hour drive). 2.5 inch ports so they are either V2 or V3 ... emailed the seller for the serial number. 

Thinking of upgrading my Forte I's to these as the Forte's just do not have much bass :(  FYI, using the Forte's as bass bins with K-510 horns crossed at 500Hz. Any thoughts?

Another question ... Would a 510 horn ( 15 x 9 inch ) fit into the CF3's?

Many thanks, Emile

16 minutes ago, Emile said:

FYI, using the Forte's as bass bins with K-510 horns crossed at 500Hz. Any thoughts?

Yes, turn down the 510 and move the fortes closer to the rear wall.   Those 510s are way more than a Forte woofer will likely keep up with. As such, balance them out better up to the fortes limits if you want to keep that setup   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

balance them out better (510's) up to the fortes limits if you want to keep that setup   

Tried, tried and tried :(  Just not much "oomph" in those Forte's so was thinking of the CF3's :(  Yes; the problem is I'm comparing them to KPT-904's in my main listening room :D