Klipsch Epic Owners Group

kapsnb01

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Haha, sorry but it's the truth.

Yeah ... those of us with "Pro" stuff laugh at most Klipsch "residential" speakers :D  Just cannot find any bass bins for that small room :( to couple with my 510's.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 5:16 PM, Emile said:

Yeah ... those of us with "Pro" stuff laugh at most Klipsch "residential" speakers :D  Just cannot find any bass bins for that small room :( to couple with my 510's.

@Emile

You could try these Peavey FH-1 bass bins (folded horn, ala LaScala) in Gainesville:

https://gainesville.craigslist.org/msg/d/gainesville-peavey-fh-1/6814040185.html

00B0B_b5zgOJU6mRN_1200x900.jpg

I'm not sure from the ad if the guy wants $200 for all of it, or $200 per stack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all,

Unfortunately I didn't purchase my Epic speakers until 1997 so they are the 3rd version.  Wish I could have heard the earlier versions.  Mine still sound great after nearly 22 years of use though they are highly sensitive to the quality of the recording.  Although I have a home theater setup I mostly listen to music in the 2-channel mode.  Does anyone know if other models in the Epic line were changed over the years they were produced?  I have CF-4's as my main speakers, CF-1's as my surrounds, as well as a KV-4 center channel speaker and 2 KSW subwoofers in my setup.  I really don't know much about the 4 Epic models other than what I have read on the forum.  Thank you!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FreddieB said:

Hi to all,

Unfortunately I didn't purchase my Epic speakers until 1997 so they are the 3rd version.  Wish I could have heard the earlier versions.  Mine still sound great after nearly 22 years of use though they are highly sensitive to the quality of the recording.  Although I have a home theater setup I mostly listen to music in the 2-channel mode.  Does anyone know if other models in the Epic line were changed over the years they were produced?  I have CF-4's as my main speakers, CF-1's as my surrounds, as well as a KV-4 center channel speaker and 2 KSW subwoofers in my setup.  I really don't know much about the 4 Epic models other than what I have read on the forum.  Thank you!

What are the serial #'s on your Epics?  Congrats on 22 years with them. 👍

21 minutes ago, FreddieB said:

I will have to get back to you later on the serial numbers.  I have ALS and it's hard for me to get behind them.

If you want to know for sure what version you have, the serial # will tell.  Only the # from one speaker is needed for that though and only if interested.  

27 minutes ago, FreddieB said:

Okay the s/n on one of the CF-4 speakers is 038793480.  The ones on the CF-1 are too light to see.  I am sure that they are the last revision because I got them on sale in 1997.

Well, they could have been a pair that had sat unsold in a store room for several years until sold.  But you are correct,  according to the serial #, they were made on the 38th day of 97. So the last revision.  

• 2 months later...

Hi. I'm a new Epic club member and first time Klipsch owner. My CF-2's were made the 290th day of 1994 (sequential S/N's), and have a 5" port. I'm looking to read up and find out as much as I can about these.

Thanks.

39 minutes ago, DonP said:

I'm looking to read up and find out as much as I can about these.

We know a lot about the CF-3 and 4.  There is little to no discussion about the CF-1 and 2, so I'm afraid we don't know much.  Maybe you will become our expert.

On 6/1/2019 at 7:08 PM, DonP said:

Hi. I'm a new Epic club member and first time Klipsch owner. My CF-2's were made the 290th day of 1994 (sequential S/N's), and have a 5" port. I'm looking to read up and find out as much as I can about these.

Thanks.

Welcome. I have a pair of CF2s that I've owned for 23 years. Bought them new. New Xovers last year by Bob Crites a fellow forum member and replaced a horn that I bought from another forum member at the same time. My control amp went out and damaged those components and if it hadn't been for the help from members of this forum they'd be sitting collecting dust. Be happy to answer any questions you have about them if I can. 

Heres a link to the specs. The picture is wrong but the specs are right. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20130205065520/http://www.klipsch.com/cf-2

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

OK; just had to post this. :D  Got a pair of CF-3's (version 2) a couple of weeks ago ... just played Itzhak Perlman;s Paganini's 1st Violin concerto ... haha; at 100dB's ... absolutely awesome!  The CF-3's replaced a pair of Forte's ... no comparison :D 

• Like 5